Should the Death Penalty Be Used for Retribution?

• No kidding yeah!

Any murderer is likely mentally retarded. They don't deserve to live. Then, when they go to the prison systems, they flood them for life. They take valuable tax money, food, and work hours when prisons should be used for crimes like rape, burglary, and assault. But I'm guessing my comment's getting flooded by snowflakes, so rip my ratings.

• An eye for an eye.

If a member of my family were brutally murdered, I would want retribution. Why should we pay to house, feed, and clothe an inmate in prison? Prisoners are not contributing to society. If someone has taken a life out of pure malice, their life doesn't have any value to me. Why spend the money on them? They are not going to be rehabilitated and they don't deserve to step foot out of prison ever. Give them the chair!

• No to Death

The death penalty is an all inclusive final affront that is only used after extensive adjudication of courts and of public government officials. Retribution is a pay back for something and taking ones life away is not measure for committing a crime in the civilized legal system of justice. t