Should the drinking age be lowered from 21 to 18?

• I can vote and I can serve in the army but I can't have a beer?

Um yes!!! Just increase taxes on it. You are considered an adult at the age of 18 you can serve in the army at age 18 but what you can't do is have a beer after a long day. So yes if an 18 year old wants a freaking alcoholic drink let them have it!

• I don't think so.

I agree that it's stupid to be able to serve your country and get married before drinking however, there is a reason that they made the age to be 21. Yes in college a lot of people do drink as Koleary27 pointed out "Everyone is drunk in college. It's part of the experience." What most people don't understand is how alcohol effects the Brain, Liver, Heart, Kidneys, and Lungs in many different ways. Alcohol can affect parts of the brain that control movement, speech, judgment, and memory. Cirrhosis occurs when the liver cells are damaged and replaced by scar tissue because of chronic inflammation. The inflammation can develop because of alcohol. Alcohol increases your blood pressure from excessive drinking. Heavy drinking weakens the heart muscle, which means the heart can't pump blood as efficiently. It's known as cardiomyopathy and can cause premature death, usually through heart failure. Chronic drinking can also cause liver disease. This adds to the kidney's job. The rate of blood flow to your kidneys is usually kept at a certain level, so that your kidneys can filter your blood well. Pneumonia occurs due to an infection in the lungs. Those who have alcoholic lung disease are believed to be more susceptible to this type of infection. * Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) is considered a medical emergency because it can so easily lead to death. Finally, this is reason why the alcohol age was set to 21 because of its health risks to a premature body(under the age of 21) or even to a regular healthy body of age.

• It’s fair enough.

Why is that an eighteen year old can serve in the army, give up his or her life but cannot have any drink with liquor in it? Isn't it equal enough that you can graduate high school, serve in the army —but oh, wait. They can't have a drink? Sorry, I truly believe the government should chill out.

• I don't think so.

• Absolutely not !

What could possibly be gained from that? The only thing I can think of is more alcohol-related deaths for people aged 18, 19, and 20. College students already do a lot of crazy things, so we don't need to add drinking to their list of things they are legally allowed to do.