• Flaming hypocrisy on the part of the Government

At the age of 18, you can get married without parental approval, get tattoos and use tobacco (in most states) if you so choose, vote, and (the big one) go fight in war. How many mental gymnastics do you have to go through to not see the inconsistencies in the idea that you can go fight and (possibly) die for the country at 18, but not have a few beers or maybe a Jack & Coke with some friends until you reach 21? To anyone who will comment something like "but teenagers don't have as good judgement as 21 year olds, so we shouldn't let them drink", if you're 18, you're an adult, and you have the right to drink as far as I'm concerned. This idea usurps state rights, the freedom of young people, and is a case of glaring hypocrisy of the government.

• The drinking age is to high

If you can die in war and you should have the right to drink I mean people already smoke when there 18 so theres no proplem. There are also too many rekless teenagers with there stupid Iphone and theye also get in to many car crashes the same way from being reckless.

• Yes,the drinking age in the U.S. should be changed.

Yes,the drinking age in the U.S. should be changed.Many times a person is seen as responsible for various activities at the age of 18 and can even fight in wartime at that age.Drinking is no more dangerous than fighting a war so as long as someone is responsible with their drinking they should be able to participate at the age of 18.

• The drinking age should be lowered.

I think the drinking age in the U.S. needs to be lowered to 18 due to the fact that 18 year olds already have the right to smoke which is just as harmful as alcohol so we should have the right to drink as well. Minors already drink as it is so the law would not change anything.

• The Age Should Be Lowered

The drinking age is way to high. People aged 18 can be sent to die in a war, but they are deemed too irresponsible to drink? Drinking ages are much lower in Europe, and the countries over there have less problems with drinking and driving than the United States does.

• No, drinking is dangerous.

No, the drinking age in the U.S. should not be changed, because the drinking age is the age it is for a reason. Children under the age of 21 should not drink, because their bodies do not react to alcohol the same way that an adult body does. Children exercise poorer judgment when they drink than adults do.

• No it should not.

Teens already have a hard enough time staying away from alcohol we do not need to make matters worse by letting the ones who have followed the law in on it too. That will lead to more accidents and more drunk driving incidents and that will raise death rates, all around bad things.

• Make it 18.

Even though the legal drinking age really doesn't mean much these days, I don't see why it shouldn't be lowered to 21 years old. If an 18 year old can buy cigarettes, vote, live on their own, then I don't see why they should not be allowed to purchase alcohol.

• The drinking age should not be changed in the US.

The age for drinking is set to 21 and I think that is a perfect age for someone to be allowed to drink. If we were to change it to something like 18 that would just mean that high schoolers will be allowed to drink and at that age they should still be focused on their studies. Anything higher would just be ridiculous so the age it is at now is completely fair.

• I don't believe that the drinking age should be changed.

I think that the drinking age is fine at 21. There are a lot of people who still haven't matured out of their reckless teenager behavior. I feel that there are still too many 18 year olds who drink alcohol and do not behave in a safe manner. Younger people have a tendency to engage in impulses like drinking and driving.

• It is irrelevant

Why change the age when people are already getting killed over this. I mean you have under aged drinking and its not healthy. I personally think that if you lower the drinking age that more deaths will occur and that more people will be arrested for drunk driving. I'm done

• It is irrelevant