• The decision to enlist requires much more maturity than the decision to drink.

When a person enlists in the military, they've made a major commitment that will have a long-term effect on their lives. This is much less true about drinking. If the concern is drinking and driving, then the issue seems to be less one of maturity and more one of experience anyway. People who've had more experience with alcohol can be more responsible drinkers, so setting back the drinking age only delays a potential problem.

• Yes It Should

I believe the drinking age and enlistment age conundrum has bothered people for many years and it has also caused quite a bit of trouble within the military service as well since these age groups mix. Of course, the same can be said of colleges as well. I think the disparity between adulthood and the drinking age (21) has caused this country more trouble than it is worth. We should lower the drinking age to 18.

• There should be no drinking age.

I do not think that there should be a government set drinking age, as I do not think that it is ever the place for government to legislate morality. I believe that a drinking age is something that should be decided on within the household by the parents, as they are the ones guiding their children.

• They are different things.

No, the drinking age should not match the enlistment age, because they are different things. An 18 year old can successfully be trained to be in the army. However, when a teenager drinks, their body does not process drinking like an adult's body does, and they are more likely to get in an accident or addicted.