• Yes the driving age should be 14 1/2

If the driving age was lowered to 14 1/2, then most kids could take themselves to high school with out parents having to take time of work to take them to and from school. Also, if we teach kids how to drive safely at a young age, then they will be more experienced at driving when they are 18. Also, if the driving age is lowered, then kids could get jobs sooner and have more experience with having responsibilities.

• Chicken tastes like my cat.

Have you ever ate your cat? If so just know that it is exactly like chicken. Chicken is great for you digestive system if you like water polo. I enjoy chewing on metal baseball bats. My orthodontist doesn't though. Also, have you ever swallowed a wrench? If so doesn't it taste like a fried nose with a couple boogers. This is why I want to drive at 14 1/2 years old.

• Only if they make a "B" average in school

14 1/2 year olds should only be able to get a permit and start driving if they make at least a "B" average in school. If they don't, then they need to wait till they're at least 15 1/2 or 16. With this rule, we can make sure that kids are smart and responsible enough to drive. Also, kids who don't make a "B" average will try harder in school so that they can start driving.

• Yes in my opinion it should

Im only 13 and yet i have friends that are 15 and have a permit, so if half a year is the only difference, why should 15 yearolds be able to drive? This is just a point id like to make aware as an experienced debater such as myself id like to spark a controversy

• It's a good idea

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

• Yes just yes

I love you so much fun and addicting but it is a great day to be a good day to be a little bit of a new one is a great day to be a good day to be a great day to be a good day to be a great day to be a good day to be a great day to be a good onesie to the game with the best way for me I was in my room

• Yes I agree!

I believe that teens who are parent recommended should be allowed to drive. Because if the driving age is lowered more teens are likely to be more responsible before they drink. Being that most teens think they can handle more responsibility this would a great way a showing they can handle a big. Proving that later on in life they will be able to handle big tasks.

• But only if....

I can see 15 years old if they are an high honor student. This would drive kids to do well in school and if they are in the high honor roll they are most likely to be responsible young people and take driving seriously. It would also be smart to say that they can only drive by themselves or with one family member.

• Yes its smart!

Teaching children to drive at a younger age will cause them to be better drivers at the age of 17-18 when they are irresponsible. Teaching kids to drive at 14 1/2 will teach kids to drive reasonably and learn to drive before they learn to drink. Plus teenagers need to get to school and work when needed without needing parents.

• Yes the driving should be 14 1/2

This is if you look at the scientific side of things carbon dioxide and chainsaws can be combined to make a chocolate cake which has no natural elements. 14 1/2 is great age because they can then drive around and break the law by going to fast and doing skiddys. It would be so much fun.

• I like football

When you see a turkey, you know you want to eat it. George Washington is old. I like footprints. When have you ever seen a tortoise eating a whale? You know your old when you want the shirt. Why would people eat dogs? This is why 14 1/2 should not drive

• What? Why?...They should be older...And psychologically assessed.

No...Just no...

The only remote point on which I'll conceivably concede is the generations from 1950s to 1970s when they were 14.5... And simply because (and this is a stretch) they had way more responsibility, less entitlement-tudes, and capable of sucking air in excess of a few seconds without having to stare into some mobile electronic device.

Yeah, FYI, I'm in the more recent generations...And they all disturb me; call it tough love, but y'all just need a good stiff kick in the ... Also, been driving awhile...It doesn't matter when you start...Still see people way older than me continually doing dumb ... Stuff. People don't need more driving experience...They need a psychological examination to get a license...Something is seriously wrong with drivers today.

• No, that's insane!

I think 14 is way too young!! They wouldn't even be in high school yet! Where do they really need to go that there parent/older sibling couldn't drive them? We would have more car crashes. My daughter is 12 and the 8th graders at her school are very irresponsible and immature.

• The driving age should stay as it is.

14 is way to young to be driving. Everywhere they need to be going, they can be driven to by parents, siblings, or buses. Also, kids need that time to start learning the rules of the road and start feeling out the way it feels to drive and how to safely maneuver a moving vehicle. 14 is when they should be legally beginning to do that, not when they should be out driving alone. If the legal driving age were moved to 14 they would have to start letting kids apply for their permit by 5th or 6th grade. The majority of driving accidents happen when new drivers are involved, its not wise to allow even younger children the right to drive alone. In addition, parking lots at middle schools and even high schools would have to be made markedly bigger to accommodate for the abundance of new drivers that would be driving themselves to school and would need a place to park their car while they attend class. Some might say that the driving age should be lowered because 14 is the age when you are legally allowed to get a job, however, this too, is mostly just to start learning about working, much like getting your permit, you are learning how to join the work force but you are not yet mastering it. In most cases you earn minimum wage and you often do not have very strenuous hours.

• Fourteen and a half? Heck no!

At fourteen, I was struggling with the brand spankin' new concept of high school. I couldn't find my way around the halls, let alone drive.

Fourteen year olds are simply way too young and irresponsible to drive. Freshmen have no business being behind the wheel of a car. They're growing into adults, but they're nowhere near there yet.

• Of course not

I see 16, 17, 18 and 19 year olds driving like complete idiots every time i go somewhere. People are texting, swerving, not paying attention to other cars and the road...Driving is all ready extremely dangerous. It would get even more dangerous if we allowed 14 year olds--middle middle schoolers to drive.

• Too Young to Drive

Anywhere in the world, when you are 14, your brain is still growing, you are too young to be able to have that kind of responsibility. If you were allowed to drive at age 14, it would increase the number of car accident deaths and injuries drastically. The driving age should stay the way it is.

• Driving age should stay as it is

I feel a 14 year old is to young, to distracted, and to irresponsible to handle being on the road, especially by themselves. Why does a 14 year old need to drive themselves anywhere? I am sure an older sibling, parent, neighbor, or even public transportation is available. There is no valid reason as to why a 14 year old should be driving, teenagers are already reckless enough as is, do we really want to add even younger teens to the mix?

• I like football

• The driving age should remain where it is.

Kids should definitely be able to drive with a licensed passenger at 14 and a half, because one needs to actually practice driving to get any good at it. But the age at which one can legally drive alone should stay where it is. Arguably it should be raised, but 16 is when most people start getting jobs, join lots of extra-curricular actives, and life gets too complex to be reliant on parents for transport.

Driving is more than just knowing the corners of your car and what street signs mean. Piloting a 2000+ pound hunk of metal and glass that runs off flammable liquids alone requires foresight, emotional control, and to be blunt, a perception of your own mortality. Although there are exceptions, a majority of fourteen year olds don't have these capacities, and won't for another several years because their brains literally haven't developed enough yet.

I've been driving unofficially since I was young enough to reach the steering wheel from my dad's lap. I remember when I was 15 in driver's ed. I thought that it was pointless, I already knew how to drive, it was for the 'stupid city kids', and I should be trusted to drive alone. I'm only 19 now, and already looking back at driving decisions I made when I was 16, I'm glad that I wasn't allowed to drive alone at 15.

I definitely drove with an "I'm invincible" teenage mentality. Sure I *knew* that speed is dangerous, black ice is a threat in the winter, and accidents can happen at any moment, but at 16 I literally couldn't process that those things could also happen to *me*. And I'm not a stupid person. I graduated from high school honours with distinction, continue to pull A's in university, and want to go on to medicine. By sheer luck the only bad things that happened to me while driving were a minor fender bender and a speeding warning, both at 16. I've matured a lot within the past year and my driving has gotten much safer as a result. But those changes happened with age and brain development, not driving experience.

DATXDUDE says2016-02-28T00:09:06.543
Stupid question.
Randy166 says2016-03-01T17:39:54.180