• Inexperience is inevitable

Once a driver reaches the age of sixteen, they are legally allowed access to a restricted license with the pretext of familiarization with the road. However, at sixteen, a teenager still harbors some fundamental misconceptions about driving. At the age of sixteen, a teenager simply cannot understand the gravity of driving a car, and the potential consequences that even the smallest mistakes can have; they will therefore drive with less care for human life, and drive as though it was "easy", and nothing that they could not handle.

At the age of eighteen, however, a teenager makes the legal, and social transition into adulthood. At this point, it can be assumed that this more mature adult will have more respect for the potential consequences that driving brings, and will therefore be more careful and courteous with their driving. Inexperience is an inevitability, everyone has their first time. However, there do exist countless driving schools, driving schools that should be supplemented to sixteen year olds in order to plant the conceptual seeds of driving until said individual is eighteen.

The roads of the US are among the most dangerous in the world, with irresponsible adolescents with driving privileges constituting an amount of the deaths from accidents. An eighteen year old will not only better understand the gravity and seriousness of driving, they will do it more effectively, and in turn, make the roads a better place.

• We need to educate drivers.

Less and less driver education occus each year, and cars are getting closer to driving themselves every day. We already depend on parents to teach young drivers, and all of the people who didn't get their license until the age of 18 are terrible. Sure, drivers may be less aware of their responsibilities, but that is a small fraction. It is better for us to have good drivers than terrible ones with slightly better morals.

• We need to educate drivers.

• It won't make a difference.

The reason 16 year olds get into car crashes more often is from lack of experience. They only have just gotten started driving in a car and don't know everything. I'm 14, but I promise I'm not being biased. I'm giving my honest opinion. It doesn't matter. I think there should be better driving education for young adults so they are more experienced before getting on the road.