• I happen to be a competent 14 year old.

I believe that the driving age should be lowered, because already kids have to take a test and a class to get their driver's liscence, what's the difference if they take that test at a younger age? If they pass the test then that already proves that they're competent enough. The only thing that could be considered a problem is reaching the pedals.

• Being Prepared for the Futire

Kids nowadays need to be more prepared. At the age of 16 we are expected to have jobs which we can go to and from ourselves. Many people do not have the time to get their permit or license before that age, leaving them sorely behind. If the permit age was 13, and the license age was 15, then people would have more time to prepare for the common driving that they would have to do, and since people under 16 still require a parent with them to drive, they would still be able to have 2 years under their belt, which would be the same as otherwise, but they would be given an extra year before they needed to get a job , which in my opinion, gives them more time to be prepared to be driving on a every day driving.

• Lower age teens need freedom once In awhile

When you feel like breaking down once in awhile you could go on a drive and shake a lot of things off p.S if you have a job or need to go to school , you wont have to wait around to look for a driver :/ btw we could drive for our parents if they had a bad excuse on something ' but that would mean we would also have to pass the driver's test ! And a lot of teens would have to put a lot of effort ? Into the courses ,.... But that would really depend on our parents '

• I started at a young age

I"m for lowering the age to drive because I learned to drive at the age of 12 in Mexico. I began at the age of 9 learning basic steering then from there on added more to my learning arsenal with signals and how far back to press on the break and when to accelerate. I"m not saying to just drop the age limit and be on your way, I believe the test should be much harder if you're trying to get it a young age and really test your knowledge of the road and the driving portion should be a two patter and the amount of mistakes allowed should be dropped and you may only pass with a 95 or better

• Easier to learn when younger.

People that learn to drive at 30 for example may have a phobia. So to prevent it we can lower the age to 15. Yes there will be more car crashes if the teen is an idiot wanting to risk their life. No matter what happeneds adults will do that too.

• I say yes!

Just because adults are older that doesn't mean that they're actually responsible enough to drive. They make mistakes too, and so has everyone in their lives. People should start recognizing people's talents and maybe they have a passion to drive. I say that the age should be lowered to 16.

• Learn more Quickly

The children will drive and know more about driving when they grow older and will be more careful and watch out for other people and themselves. They will learn the roads faster and they will be even more experienced. The children will be more helpful and can go to places alone.

• We should lower the legal age for driving

I personally think that the government should lower the legal driving age of driving because it gives younger people the freedom and does not have to rely on their parents to go places, and it isn’t just teen drivers that cause crashes there is drunk drivers and drugged drivers. People are expected to have a job by the time that they turn 16 years old if they have a driver’s license they could be able to get to and from their jobs without their parents or have to wait for a bus.

• Of course not

If you think that teens are responsible enough, you are as irresponsible as them. WE NEED TO Put LIVES FIRST. My mom says that kids under a wheel will cause more accidents. Also, Numerable and Christian Renaldo are against this lowering. I can say in here five teenagers with 14 years old that would suck at driving, so, approximately 90% of kids suck in driving. Why not to lower more? You want to lower to 14 years, why not let babies drive. You all who support this tyrannical thing should study more and seek to read more articles and books like me.

• Age Doesn't Matter

I believe as a very responsible teen driving age shouldn't matter. I come from a poor family, where driving at an earlier age could also mean getting a job at an early age. My mother has 4 broken disks in her back, tubes coming out of her stomach, and shes legally blind in both eyes and being the oldest means more maturity for me. Everyone that doesn't know me and meets me thinks I'm a senior or older. Which is funny because I'm only a freshman this year(2018). My mother is also divorced so we don't have a father to rely on to take us places. If the driving age was lowered I as a responsible teen would not take it for granted and use this law wisely. Raise the driving age!!!!!!!!!

• Never in this life I live there should be 14 year olds driving

I believe that the driving age shouldn't be lowered. The reason.... They don't have any experience, need to focus on education, killings will occur. I know this because my sister tries to dive and she sucks. She really does. She almost got into a car accident. Teens cant drive at all. They shouldn't be able to at all. People need to wake up and see the danger they are being put in

• Its not just teenager

S causing accidents and not all teenagers a re irresponsible. Why shouldn't it be lowered. Teenagers are more prone to crash but it doesnt mean that all teenagers are. Teen drivers aren't the only problem, what about all the intoxicated driveres and drugged drivers out there. Why not start paying more attention to them as well. It isnt the age that matters, I believe its the experience that counts.

• We as teens are too attracted to our phones.

As a teen myself I see many kids just sitting on their phones all day. Not only are they expensive , but they are also very distracting. Many kids of 13 or 14 would be driving down the road and hear their phone go off and completely dismiss the road and answer the phone. Even though a few teens are responsible, not enough too many kids would treat driving as an activity rather than a tool. Not every kid is responsible or mature enough to handle driving it would endanger too many people.

• Why not go all the way?

If we allow 13-year-olds to drive legally why not allow ten-year-olds to drive? It's because they are not fully developed both in the neurological and psychological sense, and in the mature sense. Same goes for thirteen, fifteen, and sixteen-year-olds. We cant forsake the studies that prove that minors, those under the age of 18, easily succumb to peer pressure, do not easily recognize dangerous situations, and are willing to disregard the rules in the search for an adrenaline rush. If we don't trust them with guns, why trust them with something that weighs two tons and can go as fast as 150 mph?

• You wouldn't be smart enough

You are not like a teenager where you know a lot of stuff. You will still be learning things from school and you could be having problems understanding a lot of things about driving. You might think turn 270 degrees to turn is to turn a whole way. This might cause even more crashes

• It should because

Its not just teenagers causing accidents and not all teenagers a re irresponsible. Why shouldn't it be lowered. Teenagers are more prone to crash but it doesnt mean that all teenagers are. Teen drivers aren't the only problem, what about all the intoxicated driveres and drugged drivers out there. Why not start paying more attention to them as well. It isnt the age that matters, I believe its the experience that counts.

• Its not just teenag

Ers causing accidents and not all teenagers a re irresponsible. Why shouldn't it be lowered. Teenagers are more prone to crash but it doesnt mean that all teenagers are. Teen drivers aren't the only problem, what about all the intoxicated driveres and drugged drivers out there. Why not start paying more attention to them as well. It isnt the age that matters, I believe its the experience that counts.

• The more young , The more reckless

Kids, nowadays are to reckless to be driving. Just imagined if they put a 13 year old kid at the wheel, there would be more crashes, which mean a higher rate of deaths. Someone is out of their mind to put a person younger than 16 at the wheel of a car.

• No it will cost lives

I have read a lot of articles on how teen drivers cost lives. Teenagers and kids are very irresponsible.
    I can barely imagine the consequences of someone two years older than me getting behind the wheel of a car and going on the freeway. If the driving age was lower the amounts of fatalities will increase

• Driving age should be lowered

It is not just teens crashing cars, it is adults to. The government blame the car crashing rates all on us teens. Some teens are actually very mature. Just because some teens crash at the age of 16 doesn't mean to blame it all on us. Adults crash cars to. They have to take responsibility to.

jet1918 says2017-07-12T15:48:40.737
Yes a I think so because kids wil be able to drive themselves without causing parent stress