Should the driving age in California be raised from 16 to 18?

• Because!!!!! Kids DiE!!

H bdfhuegcrhuc whua duhbhbdhs bidbdibc buu c v b b b b b b b b b bbb bb bh ubhb hubhb hb hubhu b hub hb bh bh b h hb hbh b hbh b hbhhbhbhbhbb hucfx x c r df po r n h ii jpornhfhda x sbxhb d

• Yes it should

I am scared to drive because there are so many irresponsible people out there. I am 15 years old and I don't want to get a licence because of the dangerous roads. My mom and dad have almost been in car accidents because of speeders on the road. When you are 18, you gain more maturity because we get smarter. I don't mind waiting another 3 years to get my licence if that means I will be more mature and other people driving would be more mature

• California needs to be stricter about laws than most other states.

California is one of the most dense and congested states in the US. I think it should be 18 for a Learners Permit and 21 for a full license. Teenagers can easily help their parents and learn by sitting in the front passenger seat. They don't need to drive. It can cause crashes especially in California.

• Yes it i better at 18

The driving age should be raised to 18. This is to try to cut down on accidents with young inexperienced drivers. I think at 16 you should have a permit and work your way up to a full license at 18. This gives two solid years to practice your driving.

• Yes, 16 is too young.

The age of 16 is way too young for most people to be on the road, especially without an adult present or during the evening hours. If there is a restricted level of driving to be done before 18, that would be okay, but 18 should be the bench mark for actual unrestricted licenses.

• The driving age in California be raised from 16 to 18.

The driving age in California be raised from 16 to 18. Most states have already raised the driving age for teenagers. I feel that it could only benefit from the increase as more teenagers reach maturity during that time and would feel safer on the highways alone. It really depends on the teenager and the parents.

• No how will my son drive to parties

My son loves parties and drinking he doesn't always drives but when he does he drives drunk. I love it when he crashes and dies it makes me feel alive. I hope that they don't change the law because i love when teens crash and die. So please drink and drive

• YEs duh just trust me

I wang the ability to go driving at 16 because i hate the bsu becaudde duh the driver is anoyinga mem i want like to dribe beacause like its cool even tghough i havew no money to have a var but oi sytyikll havde monedy for driving lessxdpons bye felicia

• They should not change it

They should not change from 16 to 18 because at the age 16 , teens should start learning so they have more time to learn then at 18. Cause if teens start learning how to drive there might be another possibility of them crashing than teens that start at the age of 16

• They should not change it

• They should not change it

• No It Should Not Be Changed To 18

All teens are most likely looking forward to driving. Why make them wait? Driving would teach a teen responsibility. It would make them more mature. Teens would no loner have to bug their parents for rides all the time. They would have to realize that they share the road with others and that driving is a big job. They would know they have to follow laws and it would make them even more ready for adult-hood.

• It shouldn't be raised at all!!!!

I don't think any teenager would want to wait an extra two years to get their license. Besides, if they start to drive at the age of sixteen they would more prepared for life.
    Sixteen-year-olds have a much more focused mind than 18-year-olds. Plus at 18 years you seem to have a lot more on their mind. For example, graduation, collage, and now a drivers test??!!! Why would we want to make our 18-year-olds to suffer?? They already have enough to think about!!

• 16 is a perfect age to drive.

On the age of 16 , all the children of that age are doing a litlle job to earn some money. The way to get there is very difficult because they don't have any vehicle ( if the age will raise to 18 ) and their parents aren't going to drive them to there all the time.

• Should the Legal Driving Age be Raised?

The legal driving age in California should not be raised to eighteen because teenagers need to gain experience, need transportation, and it teaches responsibility.
    Inexperience is one of the main causes of teenage accidents. “Although younger drivers have more accidents, a lot of that is due to inexperience and one still has to gain that experience whether they start driving at sixteen or Eighteen” (Pros and Cons of Raising the Driving Age to 18). It is inexperience, not reckless driving that causes most collisions involving a teenage driver. This is proved in a study of eighteen hundred serious crashes involving a young driver. "This study shows the vast majority of crashes occur not because the teen drivers are behaving badly, but because they have not yet developed the crucial skills they need” (Doheny, Kathleen). If the driving age was raised there would still be around the same number of accidents because of inexperience. “Raising the driving age would just make inexperienced drivers older and would solve nothing” (Yee, Tiffany). If the driving age was eighteen it wouldn’t solve anything. Having a lower driving helps teenagers gain experience and provides transportation.
    Driving also provides a way of transportation. That transportation would otherwise have to be provided by a parent or friend, putting more work in their day. Teens are trustworthy, you can drive your siblings, and even run errands. This can save lots of time on your parents part. Being able to drive yourself means that you can work more easily which can help save up for college (Doheny, Kathleen). Teens being able to drive can not only save you time but also money. “Children who drive can help their parents a great deal, because they no longer need frequent rides around town” (Should the driving age in California be raised from 16 to 18). This can leave space for your parents to have alone time and it can teach you responsibility.
    Driving also teaches responsibility. People have this position against 16 year old drivers from driving and believe the the legal age should be raised to start at 18 because of levels of responsibility (The Minimum Driving Age Should be Raised to 18). However, 16 year olds are just as responsible as 18 year olds. “Our kids are turning into couch/computer morons. Driving gets them out to socialize and gives them a sense of responsibility” (Should the driving age in California be raised from 16 to 18). Driving can get kids to gain responsibility of living and a healthy life.

• No, it shouldn't be raised.

If the age is raised or not drivers still start out with little experience; they gain experience through driving. It's like saying older members of the community shouldn't drive or people with glasses shouldn't drive because they don't have good vision. Just as not all older citizens and citizens with glasses are bad drivers, not all teenagers are careless drivers. Most of the teenagers i've met are very cautious drivers and follow rules very closely. It is a privilege to them, it opens the doors to many possibilities such as after school jobs and activities, so the last thing they're trying to do is get that privilege revoked. I've seen 30 year olds driving more dangerously than 16 year olds.
    It also helps out many parents who aren't able to take their kids everywhere they need to be. In todays day and age the average home contains one if not two nine to five working parents.