• Letting teens drive who are 16-18 are the cause of most accident's on the road.

Car accidents are the leading cause of death for United States teenagers, accounting for more than one-in-three teen wrongful deaths. The risk of auto accidents is higher among 16- to 19-year-old teenage drivers than among any other age group. Per mile driven, teenage drivers are four times more likely to get into a car accident than older motorists.Newly licensed teenage drivers in their first year on the road are also the most likely to be in a car accident. Among teen drivers, males are the most likely to cause a car accident. The death rate in car accidents for male teen drivers is one and half times that of female teenage drivers. They are also more likely to drink, speed and not wear their seat belt compared to their female counterparts.

Our San Diego car accident lawyers know the car accidents statistics, and they show that the inexperience and recklessness are a dangerous combination for teen driver. Many teens are testing the limits instead of properly driving a car. In all, teen drivers’ inexperience leads to poor decision making and a greater chance of car accidents. This problem is very difficult to fix because each year new teenage drivers hit the road.

• Yes, driving should be changed to 18.

I think that the driving age should be changed to 18. I think that a lot of accident today are caused by young people. I think raising the age to 18 could be beneficial in terms of preventing more accidents. Some kids are just not mature enough to be on the road.

• Raise Driving Age to 18!

Should the driving be changed to 18? Yes the driving age should be raised to eighteen! The teens seem more and more immature and less responsible all the time. They are bonded to their phones and other electronic devices and apt to use them while driving. I hear in the news about kids getting killed the first time they take the family car out on their own after getting the license. Furthermore the number of cars on the road is increasing and the speed limits are going up. We don't need sixteen year old people with the modern day equivalent of lollipops in their mouths and with i-phones glued to one hand barreling down I-95 at rush hour while between walls of 90 mile and hour steel, listening to Taylor Swift on the radio. Forget about it. Let them wait until eighteen. Let them wait until twenty for that matter. It is doing them a favor to keep them off the slaughter fields until they have a chance to mature a bit and get some judgment.

• Take the american view

Teach kids to drive throughout the last 2 years of school , this would provide 2 years theory essentially and physical driving lessons DriversED as they call it in the USA , this would sort out the issue with bad drivers , and theoretically lower everyone insurance and other benefits including road fatality rates ect.

• Only if you wish to truly constrict the life experiences of a teenager.

Raising the driving age to 18 would create an even larger problem. We would have many eighteen year olds with no work experience (as transportation is nearly always a necessity to get to work), not a lot of vehicle experience, no need to take a driver's education class (an invaluable course for driving that is NOT required after turning eighteen, at least in my state), and no life experience. I have learned more on the road in my car about the behavior of others and how certain social constructs operate than I ever could in a classroom. Not to mention my parents are unavailable to drive me to my job every day, and I work full time. Without a vehicle I would be missing a lot of that. Hence, teenagers should be allowed to drive at the usual age of sixteen. Two years is a long time for us.

• No It Shouldn't

Many states considered changes to drivers in the 1990's and the 2000's. This led to more restrictions for those between 16 and 18, but it did not eliminate their right to drive. I think it is important for people to learn how to drive between 16 and 18 before they leave home.

• 16 is a good age

I think that 16 is still a good age because students need to be able to get to and from work as well as different school activities. I don't think raising the age will make accidents happen less and I think that no matter when you start, you are still a beginner. 16 is good.

• Driving age is Fine where it is

The current driving age is perfectly fine at 16. A 16 year old has the maturity to understand how to operate a motor vehicle and to help their parents by transporting themselves. It is good for teenagers to learn how to drive while still under supervision from their parents. An 18 year old is considered an adult and has the ability to leave the home. Imagine a large amount of 18 years driving around with no experience, thinking they know everything.

• 16 is fine

I think the driving age is just fine right now being 16 years old. At that point, I feel the average 16 year old kid should be mature enough to understand the importance of driving and also the importance of following the traffic laws. It will prepare them for college/work.

• No, young people can handle it.

No, the driving age should not be changed to 18, because young people are able to handle driving at a young age. When a teenager doesn't have an operator's license, it can be a big pain for parents, especially if the child lives in the country where there is no public transportation. Students can appreciate the dangers of driving.