Should the education system change so more students with special needs can attend regular classes?

Asked by: Sean.Katebi
  • And "regular ed" should be online

Education should all switch to being online. That way no more worries about school shootings. Money saved on maintaining buildings can go to improving education. We could still do things like physical education and chemistry labs in person and the reduction of the need for room space would mean rooms could be rented here and there for those purposes.

And by being online the needs of individual students can be specifically tailored to. You wouldn't have to worry about there not being enough kids in an area, because area wouldn't be an issue. Back in high school there were classes I wanted to take but couldn't because there weren't enough kids who wanted to sign up. If all schooling was online I could've taken the classes I wanted.

• Special Needs Deserves Satisfaction of The Help They are getting!

I don't how the education system works where you live but to be honest something has to change. Where I'm in, the state pays somewhere around 30,000 dollars on Special ED kids unlike Regular ED kids they receive 10,000 dollars or something around that. That is around 20,000 dollars more being spent. Yet kids who have problems dealing with the environment there in are depressed because there not getting equal rights, they don't enjoy having the Special Need label since there are different levels of special needs but it's the same label, but who knows. Don't think some kids are in programs like these because there depressed or can't pay attention... It's the other way around... Kids are depressed and can;t pay attention because there thinking about the class they are in and how "special the are". Which means it will give them more troubles having a better chance for a good future. Every time teachers see that happening they don't take them out and put them back into mainstream. NO, they decide to keep them in the special ed class longer which pretty much makes it worst and a MUCH less change of having a good future at adult hood, and like I said the state are paying way more tax on the Special Education Children than the Mainstream.

Yes.... Yes... I know there is a difference between something you want and something you need. Still, Face it... Children who are going through these problems will never learn. Maybe some will deal with it... But those who will never be convinced of the gift there getting to suit their needs will like I said... Make everything worst even though the kids are bringing those concerns on themselves but the teachers should know better, so why keep trying? Especially while there are maybe millions of other options the Education System could try to make it both ways. For an example: The student is satisfied of the class there in, and still getting good grades. So the question is how? What can we do to enhance the education system so more kids with more needs can attend to mainstream classes? Think about how well the concerned children in special ed would do well in a complete regular ed environment and maybe still use an iep or 504s to survive. In fact why not give regular Kids accommodations as well? Especially for yearly testing and the state can spend less funding since more students can attend to the regular ed system. Maybe regular teachers can learn how to handle kids with learning disabilities just like the staff in special ed. Wouldn't that be nice? I know there a different levels of special need children and some may still need to be in a more smaller class or collaborative environment but that should be a different subject.

Sean.Katebi says2014-01-24T03:29:43.897
Many Students who have special needs potential and the lack of abilities to learn in School are suffering from the disabilities they had since birth or possibly developed at a certain age and time. Kids who are gaining troubles completing work or sadly failing due to there "learning disorder" are normally assign to some type of accommodation plan to get the help they require. I'm referring to something called an individualized education program, (iep) for short. An iep is a written statement for students with disabilities that affect their learning. Ieps are devolved by parents of the child who needs it and the staff to figure out the child's goals, learning strategy, and the environment that the child needs. Every Special Need student has different ieps since they all have different goals to overcome their learning problems. Some children has something called the 504 plan "Which is a plan developed to ensure that a child who has a disability identified under the law and is attending an elementary or secondary educational institution receives accommodations that will ensure their academic success and access to the learning environment." The iep plan is only updated at least every once a year.

Some children with ieps can still attend to regular ed. However, depending on the child and the statement written on the iep plan, some will get rejected and not accepted to any mainstream classes. Which means regular ED. Instead, those students would attend to a very different learning environment that is unlikely regular ed. There are different types of programs for students with Special needs such as Special Education Programs and Collaborative Schools with a smaller amount of students than regular Ed classes. Some Special education are location in regular school buildings but not part of regular education, instead during the academic periods they will go to Special education classes but during other events Special Ed students will get to participate with the Main Stream students with an AID who is part of the program due to school policy.

Special ED students will participate in the following order.

-Physical ED
-Music
-Field Trips
-Lunch
-Workshops
-Other Current Events

Now on to the point of the Question...

Yes.... Yes... I know there is a difference between something you want and something you need. Still, Face it... Children who are going through these problems will never learn. Maybe some will deal with it... But those who will never be convinced of the gift there getting to suit their needs will like I said... Make everything worst even though the kids are bringing those concerns on themselves but the teachers should know better, so why keep trying? Especially while there are maybe millions of other options the Education System could try to make it both ways. For an example: The student is satisfied of the class there in, and still getting good grades. So the question is how? What can we do to enhance the education system so more kids with more needs can attend to mainstream classes? Think about how well the concerned children in special ed would do well in a complete regular ed environment and maybe still use an iep or 504s to survive. In fact why not give regular Kids accommodations as well? Especially for yearly testing and the state can spend less funding since more students can attend to the regular ed system. Maybe regular teachers can learn how to handle kids with learning disabilities just like the staff in special ed. Wouldn't that be nice? I know there a different levels of special need children and some may still need to be in a more smaller class or collaborative environment but that should be a different subject. Feel free to put your opinions below. Those of you who thinks I'm ignorant and you know so much better about the system than I do then I want to see what is your idea to change the education system. I mean if you know so much then you must have a great plan. Anyways, happy posting!