• There is no point to say no.

The U.S. Government has been in the process to get rid of trans fats in foods for years. Likewise, companies have gotten rid of them. All of the fast food joints have gotten rid of them due to the obvious health risks that arise when consuming them. An added bonus could he that due to peoples' health going up, Health & Human Services may not have to pay as much in the future for Medicare or Medicaid, helping budgetary woes as well.

Posted by: M84
  • We are stupid

I read that people argue that we should have options, and that it is their right. I will accept this point, that if you are healthy, I or we shouldn't be infringing on your options to consume food. But as a healthy individual, why should i be wasting my money on the individual that needs a heart replacement because he ate one too many burgers (per meal). This is from Canada where we have free health care, and obesity in some statics is consuming a large portions of health care materials. If these materials are not wasted on preventable conditions, we can better treat those conditions that are not preventable. This being said, one way to reduce their weight on the those resources, is to reduce a factor in the development of the condition.

• Would resurrect society from the ashes

The "American" diet, consisting of hotdogs, hamburgers, chocolate anything, fast food, fried anything, and artificial candy that should not even be deemed food in the first place, should all be purged and expunged entirely from society. I believe the greater good for society will be achieved if trans fats are replaced with organic, wholesome products. The obesity statistics in America are staggering, and, if not halted, will spread and inevitably facilitate the death of humanity as a whole. The rights of society outweigh the rights of the individual in this instance.

• I think Trans Fats should be banned

Trans Fats have very little positive health benefits and are mostly detrimental to a person's health. Trans Fats should be banned because they increase your risk of developing heart disease. They also raise your bad cholesterol and lower your good cholesterol. It is also associated with developing type 2 diabetes.

• There is no way that food should be sold with trans fat in them.

I think that food should not be sold with trans fat in them because they are very unhealthy and it is very dangerous to the persons body. Yes some companies have stopped putting trans fat in their food but that doesn't mean all of the companies have gotten rid of them in their food. There are still places that sell food with trans fats in them. On the American Heart Association website it says, "that many companies use trans fats because they are inexpensive, easy to use, and last for a long time" but there must be reason that they are cheap and that is because they are very unhealthy to people.

• Should not ban Trans Fat

It is a peoples choice to decide if they want to eat trans fat or not. People should watch there health and stay healthy but its a choice and banning may upset lots of people. Banning something that is a peoples choice is a waste and should not be allowed. So FDA should not ban trans fat.

• The FDA should ban trans fat:

Trans fat is very harmful to humans. Some might say it is a free country I can do whatever I want but their are still laws that tell you things that you may not do. I think that their should be a law/rule only way you can eat trans fat is if you are healthy. You do not want to be overweight and not healthy and eating fats. Trans fats should be banned for anyone they do nothing but bad for you.

• Helping the lives of others

The question is pretty simple to answer this i would say yes trans fats should be banned. As i read these comments all i can see is ignorance, no matter what you say or any excuse u make up in the end banning trans fat will help every one regardless of what any one says . Lets face it if it is banned its obviously going to be sold on the market and people with still buy it but those who do are complete idiots. If the government has to get involved with our food there is a big problem with it. Grow up people and eat healthy our bodies are temples remember that. There are plenty of different preservatives we can use to preserve our foods. Its not the end of the world because you cant eat your Oreo and chips besides if you do catch cancer because of it your going to wish you had never eaten it.

• I Think they should ban trans fats

Yes it think the FDA should ban trans fats. They Should because people can't control themselves. There are many people with diabetes and others diseases that can't eat trans fats and can control themselves. Trans Fats are also just a cheaper option from more healthy fats. If big companies are willing to give and extra money for healthier fats it could help solve the problem. We need to stop eating them because they harm us and cause many heart problem and diseases.

• Ayy lmaaaooo hey

I Belive that if we were to change our way of eating in america, we would have a healthier, more useful and way more smarter community than what we have now, the things that are going on now . Other countries will known that america isnt only about being fat.

• Let Us Choose

It should be the American citizen's decision on what to eat. If we want to eat raw cookie dough we can. If we want to eat dirt we can. So if it is unhealthy for us, so what? We will have to pay the consequences for it. Banning it would be like banning McDonald's. We can choose for ourselves what to eat and we have to be accountable to take care of ourselves.

• We (supposedly) live in a free country.

Banning trans-fat will require a TON of resources, food prices will skyrocket, some people may face hefty fines or even jail, and it probably won't make us any healthier. It comes down to this: PEOPLE OWN THEMSELVES. I don't own anybody, nobody owns me. It is so simple: just let me eat what I want, and you can choose not to eat the same things. I want.
    PLUS, some people may need trans-fat. So they will either be negatively affected or there would need to be some sort of bureaucracy to ration trans-fat, which would take even more money.

• This is a liberty issue

The government has no business protecting people from themselves in any matter. It is a restriction on our will and on our ability to make decisions fro ourselves. If I want to eat unhealthy and weigh 300 pounds that is my personal choice. Do we have to live in a world where every potential danger needs to be banned to protect us because we cant make the right decisions? If we decide who gets elected into office elections should be banned because we clearly don't know what we're doing.

• Let's worry about other things

How about education? Let's keep laws to a minimum, and up the education. If trans fat is so bad, let's educate people about it. If enough people decide they don't want to consume trans fat, the markets will change, and products containing it will be less common. Banning something just because it's a little harmful is a waste. It angers those of us that want to have freedom to choose for ourselves. I want to make my life instead of having somebody else choose for me.

• Its my right!

People have the right to put bad things in their body if they want to. I am not saying that it is healthy, but banning all trans fat would be too extreme. This would cause many money problems and would take longer to do than most people would think. In order for people to be healthy they should be ABLE to get trans fats but should chose not too, this would prove that they would be healthy for the rest of their lives, not making trans fats illegal.

• It is none of the governments business!

The government has no right to limit ALL Americans from eating trans fats. If they were to ban them, than that would mean no Oreos, fried food, or margarine. Also, American's personal life is PERSONAL, and the government should be focusing on other important issues in our world right now.

• The FDA should not ban trans fat

Trans fat aka trans fatty acids are in foods because they help preserve food and make then last longer. Trans fat is helpful in this way. It is also useful when it comes to emergencies and natural disasters. Trans fat helps preserve the processed foods we eat to last longer and preserve flavor.

• The FDA should not ban trans fat

• No the FDA should not ban trans fat.

As trans fat has been apart of our food for a very long time, people should be able to judge and monitor how much they eat themselves without the government cracking down and saying they can no longer eat it. Everything is fine in moderation as long as you do not go overboard with what you are doing.

• Should not ban Trans Fat