Should the federal government be involved in education?

• Federal government is necessary to ensure a proper education system is installed.

States can be very biased to what they want.
    Religion should never be enforced onto students, educational facilities should be up to date with today's current studies rather than flawed dated studies. State can covertly install more propaganda in their books than federal government. (Texas wanted to install more "Pro"-Texas writings into their curriculum.)

States also can let poor districts fall apart while wealthier locations thrive giving a inequality that leads to more tensions and soon Class Warfare.

It is necessary by all means to keep education simple; raising your children to be supportive figure in society rather than uneducated. As with more technology grows, the tighter the job market gets and so by all means education must be top priority even by means to surpass military funding if needed be.

Children of today should be encouraged to be the best minds the world has to offer and given it freely to flourish this world with achievements.

• Teachers need to get paid what they deserve.

Yes, we all know teacher have tenure, but if the government was involved. This law would be gone, therefore the government would get rid of all unecessary teachers that are causing our education system to mess up.
    We all know that our education system is already shit. Maybe what we need is a real change and we will slowly start seeing a difference.

• Dafsdf DSFSS DD

I am the best f f f f f f f f f f ffffff f f f f fsfsd fs fsfsfsdfsfasdfasdasdfsadfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsfsfsfsfsfsfsf ff f a s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s

• Because i dont like the word no

Bgmmg jbhvv ftd trdes67890-0987 yh 88 8 8 8 go uy ugugiug jtyfyffufuy ffy yfukyu uyl u yl lguykuf ky kyfu yfuf yul lfyflyfyl l fy lfyyf lfyl ul fylfyu gi.L gil yfily f lyufly uff jvyfcc bb bbjhvjh hhvjhhvvjhv d d d d d d d s a f xxnoxbojsabbbbbboxmmmmuc k ksjb jbshb

• Hi how u doin

Hbsdhfdbwfvids fwgfweg ufwygfhwrugfwu/cu / u/gwf u/gxu ehucfgu ds eugdcf ufe fwgygdbsywhb svwhb gsdvbh cgvvc hkvwkh bcyfcw c w bgwrghbrwfgbwe fcbdbb hdvfgvf grb bjgf bvjbjrbj gvbrgbjurcf ev jbfv3r vbhgwbg vjlrwvg gjerbgrgbjvruv3jb rulgbuvbguerb terubgvbj gbuoer bguer jbvgerbu vjbgrebj vbjl jblgb jg ubvb ulvv lub bv b gbbjgrj bgr grbjrgrbjbrgjrbr g b j j

• Hi how u doin

• Hi how u doin

• Higher quality of education is needed.

1. Different schools have different teaching methods and different states have different standards. This results in different academic performances in different states or even local districts. Is this a healthy education system? When you invest in something, you expect to see some sort of return. Standard testing is just a measure of how federal government measures the funds they put in. Calling this "dictatorship" is biased.
    2. Different standards cause teachers to have different attitudes towards their teaching. Having at least some regulations will force them to take their jobs more seriously. Teachers from k-12 should also refreshing their knowledge from time to time as well. Do you know some teachers are still teaching what they have learnt from 20 years ago? Come on! Knowledge is always changing!
    3. Schools in the low-income districts are often neglected by the States. Children from those districts do not have the same resources as the others. In other words, those students do not have equal opportunity to receive the education they should have. Equality is also a core value of the American culture. Don't the children from low-income families deserve a chance to receive the same education like the others? Don't they deserve to have the same chance to be successful like the others?

• Standardization is essential.

There needs to be some standard area that all students should know. Anymore than that should depend on the location of the school and the things that will help provide the students for what they need to survive in their society. No you cannot make everyone learn everything BUT there needs to be a base for their learning.

• Currently a tenth grader, federal control for the best.

I am currently enrolled in high school. My school is the number 1 in Colorado (public) holds a bronze in national rating. I find it funny that because there is no baseline reg. Set for schools. I grew up in kansas, the academics there were set to a different beat. The main dispute against federal control is that each state understands it's people. Students here in colorado are gang related, don't listen and get bad grades, but that's because everything is weak, school is easy to get out of. Regulating them across our nation will remove educative stereotypes, and help students learn faster. Federal control will not brainwash us to the point we listen to whatever politicians say, this is because we have too many influences outside of school. I grew up in Kansas yet I associate myself with the fbla, not the ffa. Just an inside view of education. My main opinion? Reform.

• If the government has control of our education, then they have more power over us than we realize.

They have authority of what they want us to learn to fit their belief system. They feed us lies and teach us what they want the younger generation to learn. With this power, they are creating a generation of kids that will be easier to control and manipulate. They purposefully do this so that the people are oblivious to the truth and are more agreeable with the government's decisions because that is what they were taught to believe. So, I strongly say no because the government is controlling education and making it work for their interests and not ours. To become educated and to know the truth, we can't believe everything that we are taught and we must make our own education and beliefs.

• Absolutely No Way!

I believe that in public schools you should be able to read a bible or talk about God without getting into trouble. It makes me said to not be able to hear that kids in public school cant even talk about here religion and faith. I dont know what our world would be like if we lost our equal rights even more

• The schools are pretty much run by the State, and federal government any ways. This is senseless debate. Yes, and no mean nothing.

No child left behind dictates that the schools will soon be completely controlled by the Government. It is inevitable. They questions should be How can we stop a Government that can't run anything be stopped from educating our children? Why would they want to do so when it appears that the three R's are what is getting left behind.

• It sucks really bad

I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it

• It sucks really bad

• Common Core sucks

Hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it I hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it I hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it I hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it haate it hate it hate it hate it hate it

• Communities and states can take care of their own

State governments, cities and towns do not have the same pressures that the federal government does as far as politics are concerned. Simply stated governments may impose certain lessons due to political pressures, and diplomatic needs. In a simple and hypothetical instance, imagine that the US government values its relation with Turkey more than teaching the young kids about the massacre, or genocide against the Armenians that were carried in 1915, which Turkey denies to this day. Or more, what if the US government chooses to abstain from teaching schools from the enforced relocation of Japanese Americans during world war 2? The point of education is for students to learn the beautiful and ugliness of history and make sense of it themselves, they shouldn't be deprived of that opportunity due to diplomatical reasons that the US government has to adhere.

• Hi how are you

Fuck poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop

• Absolutely no way

The government is hardly able to manage itself. The education system should be based off the specific needs of each community and the federal government has no way of knowing what each community needs and nor should they. The education system is a responsibility of the states and the federal government should stay completely out of it.