Should the federal government in the USA specify particular locations to host debates about politics and religion, thereby relieving pedestrians of the burden of having to listen to unanticipated street talkers?

• We would be more at peace.

The federal government in the USA should specify particular locations to host debates about politics and religion, thereby relieving pedestrians of the burden of having to listen to unanticipated street talkers. This is because there are too many nuisances in public streets and on sidewalks that disturb by-passers. If we were to specify locations it would reduce the chances of harassment and also make people feel more at peace.

• No, they shouldnt

They have their right to free speech. If they are not causing any issues with the people, let them speak. The issue is when these people get out of control, holding a sign is fine. I have seen them and the last thing you need is a fanatical one,but that hasn;t happened to me yet.

• just do not listen

If people do not like listening to the unanticipated street talker, then do not listen. I do think it would be fun if the government did host debates for people to go talk about politics and religion. Of course, the private sector could host such events too. If people want to do something, they should do it. They do not always have to wait for the government's approval.

• Freedom of Speech.

No, the federal government in the USA should not specify particular locations to host debates about politics and religion, relieving pedestrians of the burden of having to listen to unanticipated street talkers, because people have freedom of speech. If someone wants to make their ideas known, I do not mind so much that I want them stopped. They should be allowed to say what they want.

• No, there are regulations already.

No, people have Free Speech and the right to protest. Telling people where they can't and can't express opinions would violate both of those things. Sometimes people need to get a permit to host debates, and similar things, and the police keep an eye out to make sure no one is being harassed.