• yes they should!

They can call you any where at any time, and they don't even have to be polite to you! I was called about one that I didnt even know was outstanding, and they called me at work! When I said "you can't call me here" the guy was SO rude to me

• Yes, the feds should stop shady debt collectors.

Yes, the feds should stop shady debt collectors. The role of the feds is to protect citizens from people or businesses using bad practices to get what they want. If a debt collector falls into that category, the feds should take action. The feds work for the citizens and working for the citizens means they do what the citizens need for their protection.

• Yes, the feds should do more to crack down on shady debt collectors.

Yes, the feds should do more to crack down on shady debt collectors. Regardless of how much money is owed, debt collectors have no right to be offensive or threatening. The laws should be changed where there is a court case required, and if the debt is too high, jail time should be considered.

• Yes the federal government should do more to stop illegal debt collection practices.

Yes the federal government should do more to stop the illegal debt collection practices that are in use. The federal trade commission (FTC) needs to be given more manpower to step-up its enforcement division. Also more resources should be put to work to inform the public of their rights when faced with illegal or questionable debt collectors.