• Yes, the filibuster is counterproductive

Perhaps there was some justification for the filibuster in earlier days, although I cannot think of one. However, these days there is so much delay and gridlock in government that there is no good reason to preserve a tactic that allows a minority in Congress to be able to hold up the progress of legislation. Whichever party is in power, I would still consider the filibuster to be an outdated, useless and burdensome procedure.

• Yes, I think it needs to be gone.

I do not believe the filibuster needs to remain a part of today's political procedures. I disagree with the power of the filibuster and the way it can be used to avoid dealing with a bill. I don't think it is an ethical tool and should definitely be abolished. We are civilized and educated, we need to find ways to collaborate and accomplish what is truly best for this nation and it's people..

• No It Shouldn't

I believe some politicians want to get rid of the filibuster because it is so annoying, but that is actually it's intended purpose. I believe the filibuster has proved important in the past and I believe abolishing it would be a huge mistake. This was a principal included early on and I think it's important.

• Not at all

No, I think that this is a good program and is actually helping out a lot of people. I think that they need to keep it going as long as they can, since it is not hurting a thing to have it up and running, and a lot of people like to use it.

• Keep the filibuster

No, I don't think that the filibuster should be abolished. It should remain a viable way for a minority represented party in Congress, or even a single Congressman with a dissenting opinion, to do everything he (or she) can to get their point across regarding a bill. It's a part of our democratic tradition.