Should the fine against Jean-Marie Le Pen for making racist comments be increased (yes) or decreased (no)?

• The fine against Jean-Marie Le Pen for making racist comments should be increased.

The fine against Jean-Marie Le Pen for making racist comments should be increased. He should not be allowed to make the remarks that he did and be able to get away with it. I think that he should be required to pay out the maximum for these remarks and hope that he never does it again.

• Le Pen Deserves Higher Fines

Jean-Marie Le Pen has a history of making racist and sexist remarks. The fine imposed upon him for his recent racist comments should be increased for that reason. He will only continue to spew such hate in his career, and we need to make him accountable for such racism today.

• No Place for Racism in Modern Society

There is no place for racism in contemporary society, especially from leaders in democratic societies. Jean-Marie Le Pen, even though he is entitled to his opinion, shouldn't say something racist. In America, Le Pen wouldn't be fined but voters would abandon him and distance themselves from his position. Even far-right conservatives in America will only go so far for their candidate.

• What happened to Free Speech?

Just because Jean-Marie Le Pen is a racist, doesn't mean he isn't reserved with the rights of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Article One states that all human being are reserved to liberty, and one of the article outlines free speech. There might not be room for racism in our society (which I seriously do not believe), but imagine the world without any radicals. Just because he is a racist, means he's not a human being? There shouldn't be a fine.

• No it shouldn't

I do not think that Jean-Marie Le Pen should be fined for making racist comments, let alone be increased. Do not get me wrong, I do not agree with racism, but everyone has a right to their own opinion. Everyone has the right of freedom of speech, so I do not think that Le Pen should be fined at all.

• He can speak his mind.

The fine against Jean-Marie Le Pen for making racist comments should be decreased, because a person should have the right to speak their mind. If people are afraid of saying the wrong things, they will live in constant fear of the government. We cannot have fair discourse in society if we cannot have an honest conversation where we can say what we believe. Le Pen only spoke his mind and should not have been punished at all.