Should the government ban electronic cigarettes?

Asked by: skyler743
  • Scientific studies show they are dangerous.

Studies now show that e cigarettes create as much air pollution as ordinary cigarettes.

Https://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pubmed/24373737

As this study confirms: "e-cigarettes are not emission-free and their pollutants could be of health concern for users and secondhand smokers. In particular, ultrafine particles formed from supersaturated 1,2-propanediol vapor can be deposited in the lung, and aerosolized nicotine seems capable of increasing the release of the inflammatory signaling molecule NO upon inhalation."

• Awful things total stench

They stink, oily wet vapour full of glycols and food flavourings. I mean seriously who thinks this is normal? Cigarettes are almost plausible just for how long ago they were invented it took decades to find out all the issues with them, and decade's to get past the huge marketing.

I cannot get away from the stench these days, in my car in traffic it is awful, at home neighbour a few doors down almost everywhere.

Look on vaping forums for all the BS explain away new capers side effects, or disparaging claims from people saying they make them feel ill, or even worse asking advice how to remove the grease film off windows, window screens or walls, I am being forced to breath this stuff, would rather some smoked!!

• E-cigars are very harmful

E- cigars might be the better alternates for cigarettes, but they still are very closely related to cigarettes. E- cigars not only cause dangerous side effects but also harm the people around through second hand smoking. E- cigars are like weapons. The worst thing is that with nicotine, people want to keep going back to the E- cigarette. We know very limited about E- cigars, as they were around for only 20 years. Many of them were also proven to be blowing up at the most unexpected times. This was due to the poor manufacturing quality and the limited research on developing the E- cigars. It also might be very hard to stop the consumption of E- cigars to addicts, but the aim is to stop more people from becoming addicted. The idea of letting kids have access to such dangerous items is ridiculous. Most of the people consuming the E- cigars probably don't even know what they are consuming. Even though, the government limited the amount of nicotine in each E- cigarette, they have no way of telling if the producers are following what they said. The consumption of one E- cigar increases the chances of a person to develop various cancers. All of the videos and the articles written/made to help avoid people from consuming E-cigars are apparently of waste because the consumption of E- cigars has only increased as the days have gone by. The next best solution is to ban the E- cigars once in for all. Letting this poisonous element be sold in the market is ridiculous. If the people are not reading the labels on the packets of E- cigars and not paying attention to all of the news and the videos of people suffering from addiction, then we can ban the E- cigars to at least make the people more aware. I know I didn't use much evidence to support my claim, but this just came off the top of my head from health class. :)

• They are a distraction as well as harmful

They should be banned kids in middle school usually get in trouble because they bring it to school and do it in class. Why harm your lungs, when you could live longer by eating chocolate cake and exercising drinking water and living life like non-vapers, people that vape are just damaging themselves, why do something that is gross.

• They are awful for you to breathe.

It should be banned, because of health issues. It can effect people around you as well as yourself. They should have never been invented in the first place and need to be banned. People can die from this dangerous chemical. We don't want anyone to become victims of and e-cigerette.

• They should be banned! Bad for your health, and wrong for children

Many of the arguments i have seen on this website on E-cigarettes say "sure why not let kids smoke". Kids are one of the most important things in our future, and having them smoke, even electronically is terrible! It effects everything about their life. It effects what friends they have, and what attitude they have toward their parents and/or siblings. They could encourage their siblings to smoke and since most younger siblings look up to the older ones, they will probably agree, no matter the age. Smoking is a terrible thing. Especially for kids.

• All stores should stop selling vapes and cigarettes

They are harmful to the human body, kids who smoke/vape are likely to continue the rest of their lives. Kids do it in schools and they will be the ones who have a shorter life. Schools should check kids bags to make sure they don't have a vape or drugs with them.

• E cigarettes are the worst thing.

E Cigarettes are the worst thing you can do other than actual tobacco. They still are horrible for your body, and they can harm your immune system. I agree that, sure e-cigarettes are much better than real tobacco. That still doesn't mean they are the way forward.
    Stop E-Cigarettes Now!!!!!!

• It is terrible for your lungs

All vapors and smokers die way quicker than most people. It damages your lungs and can give you cancer. All the people that said no are probably addicted to smoking or vaping. I think that the majority should rule of the YES vote since people are dying from vaping and smoking.

• There should be banned

There so bad and it could kill you.They have a lot of chemicals about 7000 or more.If you smoke it every day you could die or get cancer or die.There so bad to smoke.The e-cig can kill you or give you cancer.There about 480,000 people that died on the United States.

• E cigarettes are the way forward

No cargegenic materials
    No stained teeth or finger
    No decolourisation of walls or ceilings
    No horrible smells
    Benefits... As above including...No coughs. Phlegm and sense of smell and taste becomes more acute.
    And finally... A lot cheaper so the taxes at the moment are a lot lot less.
    Hi ....Its all about the money
    Love to all Ashley

• I think it is outrageous that people think e cigs should be banned

I think anyone over 12 should be able to vape as long as there is no nicotine or harmful products.
    Follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ follow my ig @_finley.Labbe_ yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

• E-Cigs are cheaper and in the smoking world, practical.

Statistics show that e cigarettes are generally cheaper than normal cigarettes. This is because while the device may be expensive at hand, going as low as $25 and as high as $75-$100, you buy the device once and refills are only $5. Cigarettes are around $7 a pack, and people tend to down boxes and boxes on end. After looking into it, the annual price ratio to smoke and to vape have a 50% difference in price. You simply charge the e cigarette and you can do it all over at no extra cost. E cigarettes are practical and cheaper. The fight to end smoking has gotten nowhere, the world simply uses e cigarettes to at least help modify it. With all this said, e cigarettes should NOT be banned.

• Vapes should not be banned

Smoking is a major problem for kids, I think 16 year old's should be able to buy e-cigs because it will lower the rate of kids smoking cigarettes. Bans on e-cigs to minors increase recent use of cigarettes among 12 to 17 year old's by 0.9%. The 0.9% is significant, because in the 8 years before the ban went into effect, adolescent smoking rates were dropping by 1.3% every 2 years. E-cigs (vapes) are not nearly as harmful as traditional cigarettes are. E-cigs entered the market in 2007, policy makers have been trying to figure out how to regulate them. E-cigs are not harmless, but far less harmful than conventional cigarettes. Many people have died and got cancer from cigarettes but no ones gotten cancer or died from vapes. Lowering the age to purchase e-cigs from 18 to 16 and not banning them all together may help prevent cigarette smoking. The government should NOT ban e-cigs, or kids will start smoking more and there will be more health problems for kids that will be our future.

• Vapes should not be banned

• E-cigs can help

E-cigs can help us stop the cigarette smokers because cigarette have 4,000 to 7,000 harmful chemicals and cigarettes have 43 chemicals that can cause cancer. People can get sick off of cigarettes, The bud of the cigarettes there all over the world and that's bad because that is not helping the earth

• E-cigs can help

• Vapers Woke Up, the Zealots Did Not Wake Up

The anti-nicotine zealots are the ones that need to wake up. We know what we inhale isn't 100% safe or healthy but we have the right to take the risk if we want harm reduction. The propaganda about the teen vaping is infringing on adults. Teens shouldn't use hard recre

• It is used for smoking withdrawal

If someone is trying so hard to withdraw his smoking addiction, he or she can just go in a slow process which is vaping can help. It proves in the study that most of smoking addict try anything to prevent themselves from smoking and it spent years but when they started vaping, with just within months they already stopped.

• Some have nicotine but it is not tobacco

I was never a regular smoker but would once in a while smoke a stogie. I liked the body of smoke but hate the smell. I started vaping mainly for CBD but moved to nic and nic-free juices. I no longer desire smoking and I vape 2mg nic juices which is less than a ultralight cigarettes.
    The bases in e liquid are in the food we eat. Vegetable glycerine and propylene glycol are used in ice cream, baked goods, soda, candy etc. The propylene glycol in e liquids is food grade and not the type used in antifreeze. One thing I'll mention is propylene glycol in e liquid may break down into harmful chemicals if over heated from high volts. However, though propylene glycol in our food is not exactly heated, our bodies still break it down into those same harmful chemicals.
    Critics say vaping is a useless for cessation citing duel use. If dual users cut down on cigarettes due to vaping, I say that is an accomplishment. What they overlook is cig duel use with patch/gum, often combined. People have died from combining cigarettes and patches/gum. Patches and gum also have high failure rates well outnumbering success rates.
    Nicotine hasn't been a proven carcinogen. The main carcinogens in tobacco are nitrosamines. Tobacco naturally has nitrates which oxidize into nitrites then into nitrosamines from curing. So even nicotine free tobacco would still be chock full of carcinogens. Those same chemicals are used in meat processing to limit microbial growth to nearly impossible. I think I'd rather eat nitrate cured meat knowing microbial growth(and botulism) is nearly impossible and deal with cancer later.