• Smoking affects everyone nearby the smoker

My neighbors smoke outside, a lot. I would guess at least one of them is a chain smoker. It drifts onto our property and we have to breathe it or go inside. My right to breathe air without the obnoxious and harmful chemicals from cigarette smoke is infringed upon by their right to smoke. The clean air is not harming them while the smoky air is at best smelly and unpleasant, and at worst causing physical harm to my body. If not an outright ban smokers should at least have to stay inside their own property with the windows closed. Oh wait, then they would have to smell their smoke...

• Da banter fun against smoking.

First off suicide is illegal and smoking kills you so isn't that technically suicide making anyone that is smoking suicidal. If the government don't ban smoking they will not be supporting the ban on suicide. However if the government ban smoking they will be enforcing their law against suicide. Peace.

• Yeah they should ban it

They should cause the smoking is for da deez nuts. Haha gotem. Jk I got you fam. Gg bro. G g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g

• Yeah they should ban it

• WuiergtajskhvchsdafvygwfdYRADSF W W

Hgdashfgjhdsgfjhgasdfsad jhgcjhsagcjhsatdfuydsghafhgsadtfadsghfrationalargument7jifhsagdfhgsadhfgsdhcvjhsagcujhysdgfhsdgjvsachgdshgfchsdcjhsadgfcasdferwgsfdgsdfgregwegfgs er wergtdsfgerw reg w er er tewrt r et werterw twer te rte wrt erter twe rter t dsf adf sdaf er fas fds erw fds ew dsfa ew sdf ewq fd f qw fwf wq ds fs df qw df wqf dqf we fdsq fe qwe dsf ew

• Loss of Revenue

I am a long term smoker and I can tell you I hate every puff I take. I can also tell you, every other smoker on the planet feels the same way. Not one of us would say to our children that they should take up smoking because it is so enjoyable. It is a disgusting filthy addiction and the government are playing games with all the BS anti smoking campaigns they want every cent that is generated through the sales.

• Yes it has to be illegal!!

Did you know that Hydrogen Cyanide are used in Ciggarttes. If you're wondering what is hydrogen cyanide, its a highly poisinouse gass. This gas was used in Gas Chambers In the Hollocaust. An everyone exactly knows whats happned to those innocent poor souls. Its very very upsetting. You're basically inhaling what they have inhaled.
    Smoking doesnt only affect you by the way, it even affects the people in your sarroundings!! Passive smokers are mor elikely to die quicker that people who are physically smoking.
    In additon, another reason why you have to smoking is cuases you to become poor. And you know at this day an age, money is what people only care about (sadly) . If you care about your money, why do you want to spend on things that are useless and very harfull. Smoking doesnt lead to anything else but death. Some people say 'Its our option' or 'we have the right to kill ouself if we want'...Why would you think that!?! DON'T WASTE THIS LIFE. There are many people out there who care about you more than you think.You have to think about what you do in this life and you should not waste a single moment In this life for things that don’t do any good but put you to the wrong path. I dont know if you believe in God, but if you do I don't think God will exxecpt the fact that your are hurting youself in this life. Just hope you stop smoking....And i really hope smoking does become illegal. It has to become illegal.

• Literal title for smoking

Smoking: Pay for the lung cancer, keep the rotting teeth as our free gift!
    H. H. F. F. D. D. S. S. S. S. A. A. Q. Q. E. E. R. R. Y. Y. F. F. K. K. L. L. Z. Z. X. X. C. C. V. V. B. B.

• Literal title for smoking

• America Loves Tobacco

Although tobacco is often viewed as a dangerous thing, most Americans have to admit that they have fond memories associated with cigarettes and cigars. The fact is that Americans are well aware of the dangers of tobacco, but as a free people each American has the capability to make their own informed decisions about tobacco consumption. There is no reason for the government to inhibit its people's free will; it never has and it never will. Get comfy with tobacco.

• No, it would be an unconstitutional restriction of personal liberties.

Smoking is a personal choice, just like the choice to choose your place/method of religious practice. Every time the government declares something illegal or unlawful they are chipping away at our rights as individuals. Smoking causes many health-related issues and that may become a burden on the government but in reality, the health issues those individuals have is self-inflicted, so why are we supporting that choice? Again it is a persons choice to decide whether to smoke or not, it's not the federal governments business, or the state governments business, it's an individuals choice.

• No, the government should not ban smoking

Although smoking is bad for the health, the government should not ban smoking just because it can generate tax and revenue for the government. If people are not addicted to cigarettes, they will find something else in place of that. Also, while smoking is really bad for the health, it is not as bad as some other substances such as abusive drugs and arguably alcohol.

• Adults have the right to kill themselves if they choose.

The government should not ban smoking outright. If an adult wants to put toxic chemicals into their body, that is, and should be, their right. I do think it should be banned in all public buildings, and also from the front of all public buildings. I also have no issue with making it illegal to smoke in a car with children.

• No, the Government Should Not Ban Smoking

Government agencies have done a good job of banning smoking in public venues. That is good because of the meaning of the Bill of Rights - one person's rights end where another person's rights begin. Therefore, although a person should have the right to smoke if they so choose, they should not have the right to force another person to inhale second hand smoke. So, the government should not ban smoking, just limit its locations.

• Why should I be told what to do

If I want to smoke then I will. I do not smoke in my house, therefore I am not affecting others with second hand smoke, I do not smoke in my car so again no second hand smoke. If I am affecting no one else with what I like to do then I do not see why I should be deterred directly by taxes (duty) that are going up year on year, packaging being made plain is definitely not going to affect me but will increase the amount of fake and possibly dangerous tobacco on the market. I get that a lot of this new legislation is to attempt to stop young people getting addicted to nicotine. But banning menthol cigarettes? When I started smoking I was smoking normal cigarettes and hated menthol, only recently have I started smoking them and I think it's absolutely ridiculous.

In conclusion I agree that cigarette branding changing is a good idea for stopping young people taking up smoking but WILL increase the amount of fake product on sale! And removing method flavour is another story and I think it is ridiculous that a government can attempt to control a population like that. Thank you.

• Stop the crusade

I don't support smoking and do not personally smoke. However, if an individual wants to drink themselves to the grave, we let them, and if they want to drop out of school, we let them. The government needs to get out of people's lives and end the crusade against smoking.

• Its pretty sad

Its all about money anymore. Big companies treat their employees like slaves anymore, especially cleaning companies. Smoking has gone on for years. Its a choice. With the stress in everyones lives anymore there will be more smokers and drinkers. And stress could be a big cause in deaths, also. How about drinking, about all the chemicals that are put in our processed foods, about the chemicals in the air. Come on, anything can kill us

• It's not the role of the government to legislate common sense...

I agree, smoking is harmful. I was a smoker for over 20 years. If the government bans smoking, that says they are willing to allow addicted people go through withdrawal, which is also harmful. And just as when they tried to ban alcohol, people still found ways to do it, forcing non violent people to become "criminals" and lining the pockets of "dealers" ... Where do we draw the line people? I used to believe the lie, that the US was the land of the free, but I've wised up. This is about control and money!
    Rather than worrying about banning smoking, why not get the pharmaceutical companies to drop the cost of smoking cessation drugs, and help these individuals quit? That is what you claim your ban is trying to accomplish. But we both know that's a crock! Put your money, better yet MY tax payer money, where your mouth is, and get smokers the help and support they need, rather than criminalizing them!

• We can chose to be stupid in our country.

The first amendment gives protection to smokers and tobacco companies. Smoking may be something spiritual to someone or part of someone's religion. Also, America would lose thousands of jobs if all tobacco farms and companies are shut down. When smokers buy cigarettes , sales tax is added and it is more money in the government's pocket. Knowing our government, they would not risk losing money to ban smoking. Personally, I think smoking is horrible and wouldn't ever consider doing it, but banning smoking completely would just be a bad idea