• It is bad

It is bad because my mom died from it. I don't want others to die because I love people. Please stop smoking it is super bad for your health. Don't want anybody to die just because they smoked a cigarette that they thought was harmless when its not at all

• It is bad

Because it is bad for the people around them and will cost the lives of people that smoke. It also costs a lot f money and it causes cancer especially smoking. Smoking kills people more than alcohol, murders, and car accidents a together and even more. . . . .

• It is bad

• It is bad

• It is bad

• It is bad

• It is bad

• It is bad

• It is bad

• It is bad

• America Loves Tobacco

Although tobacco is often viewed as a dangerous thing, most Americans have to admit that they have fond memories associated with cigarettes and cigars. The fact is that Americans are well aware of the dangers of tobacco, but as a free people each American has the capability to make their own informed decisions about tobacco consumption. There is no reason for the government to inhibit its people's free will; it never has and it never will. Get comfy with tobacco.

• No, it would be an unconstitutional restriction of personal liberties.

Smoking is a personal choice, just like the choice to choose your place/method of religious practice. Every time the government declares something illegal or unlawful they are chipping away at our rights as individuals. Smoking causes many health-related issues and that may become a burden on the government but in reality, the health issues those individuals have is self-inflicted, so why are we supporting that choice? Again it is a persons choice to decide whether to smoke or not, it's not the federal governments business, or the state governments business, it's an individuals choice.

• No, the government should not ban smoking

Although smoking is bad for the health, the government should not ban smoking just because it can generate tax and revenue for the government. If people are not addicted to cigarettes, they will find something else in place of that. Also, while smoking is really bad for the health, it is not as bad as some other substances such as abusive drugs and arguably alcohol.

• Adults have the right to kill themselves if they choose.

The government should not ban smoking outright. If an adult wants to put toxic chemicals into their body, that is, and should be, their right. I do think it should be banned in all public buildings, and also from the front of all public buildings. I also have no issue with making it illegal to smoke in a car with children.

• No, the Government Should Not Ban Smoking

Government agencies have done a good job of banning smoking in public venues. That is good because of the meaning of the Bill of Rights - one person's rights end where another person's rights begin. Therefore, although a person should have the right to smoke if they so choose, they should not have the right to force another person to inhale second hand smoke. So, the government should not ban smoking, just limit its locations.

• Leave ppl alone

God made plants and tobacco is one .But he did not make alcohol that is man made and kills 80% more . Is one cigarette is better than one pint of ale or larger. It take four pints to kill a man than fourty cigarettes can. So what is worse ? Yet you do nothing about drinking. A man made killing machine .Leave ppl be .Do some real work like better policing

• How can my employer tell me what I can do on my own time?

In 22 states, it is LEGAL for employers to not hire someone for a job simply because they smoke. Those employers can also test your urine to check for nicotine and can fire you if you test positive. Since when does my employer get to tell me what I can and can't do when they are not paying me. Our government is a democratic republic, but they have allowed private businesses to run those businesses like a tyranny. In the "at-will" states, of which there are 48, employers can fire you for any reason, except those specifically laid out in the constitution, and I thought Freedom of Choice meant that I could choose to smoke that cigarette on my own time, in my own house. (Tyranny: arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power). Silly me, I forgot that freedom is reserved for the majority. If the majority doesn't agree with your choice, they will just push the politicians in your state to create a law or regulation, creating a society where you are free to choose, as long as you choose the same as the majority.

• Why should I be told what to do

If I want to smoke then I will. I do not smoke in my house, therefore I am not affecting others with second hand smoke, I do not smoke in my car so again no second hand smoke. If I am affecting no one else with what I like to do then I do not see why I should be deterred directly by taxes (duty) that are going up year on year, packaging being made plain is definitely not going to affect me but will increase the amount of fake and possibly dangerous tobacco on the market. I get that a lot of this new legislation is to attempt to stop young people getting addicted to nicotine. But banning menthol cigarettes? When I started smoking I was smoking normal cigarettes and hated menthol, only recently have I started smoking them and I think it's absolutely ridiculous.

In conclusion I agree that cigarette branding changing is a good idea for stopping young people taking up smoking but WILL increase the amount of fake product on sale! And removing method flavour is another story and I think it is ridiculous that a government can attempt to control a population like that. Thank you.

• Stop the crusade

I don't support smoking and do not personally smoke. However, if an individual wants to drink themselves to the grave, we let them, and if they want to drop out of school, we let them. The government needs to get out of people's lives and end the crusade against smoking.

• Its pretty sad

Its all about money anymore. Big companies treat their employees like slaves anymore, especially cleaning companies. Smoking has gone on for years. Its a choice. With the stress in everyones lives anymore there will be more smokers and drinkers. And stress could be a big cause in deaths, also. How about drinking, about all the chemicals that are put in our processed foods, about the chemicals in the air. Come on, anything can kill us