Should the government be allowed to control a woman's ability to obtain an abortion?

• The government allows women the choice.

The government sure does give women the choice to control there bodies but allowing abortion is giving the government the control of un-born babies bodies and women the power to kill their children because they were not smart with using forms of birth control. Abortion eliminates the legal rights of the um-born children.

• Yes and no.

I think the government should play a role in if the women is able to get an abortion or not but not be the sole and leading factor in making the decision. I think that the people of the country need to be allowed to vote on the matter because it affects everyone.

• Yes, right to life.

Yes, the government should be allowed to control a woman's ability to obtain an abortion, because another person has a right to live their life. The right to life is in the constitution. The right to murder your unborn child is not. The right to life has to trump a woman's so-called right to privacy.

• Yes, the government should be allowed to control whether or not a woman gets an abortion.

I believe that government should be allowed to control a woman's ability to obtain an abortion, especially for women under the age of 18. Abortion is murder and too often used because a woman was careless about birth control. The government should be able to take whatever steps necessary to stop this murder.

• Abortions Are Obviously Wrong

If you have an abortion, the child will not be alive. Otherwise, it would of existed. It doesn't matter when it is aborted. If it is aborted, the outcome is the same. Once you make a decision to have sex, the consequences follow. You should be in a position where your partner can help support the child. If you aren't close enough to him to let him help you raise a child, then why would you let him inside of your body? Your decision was to have sex. You know the possible outcome of sex. Your sex was mutual (if you were raped or it was incest, this is different; I can sympathize with you, yet I still don't agree with abortion). You argue about 'women have less rights then men'. You both chose to have sex.

The aborted child would have eventually been a person that would hold on to there right to live.
    Yet they cannot speak yet. And there are over 1.5 million American families waiting in line to adopt right now. You are able to defend your own rights and use your own tongue, because you were not aborted. You got to live. Who's defending their rights?

• Not at the federal level

The role of the federal government is to preserve the liberty of people. In a just society, murdering, lying, and stealing are unacceptable. This power should fall to the states. While I am personally against abortion, I believe that this is an issue that the federal government does not have authority over.

I am torn between the rights of women and the rights of the unborn child. They used to think that any child born before 24 weeks was unviable. Now 22 week old babies can survive. Fetuses are not inanimate objects inside the womb. They are developing creatures. Women who either do not have the means or do not want to raise children should not be forced to do this. At the same time, these women need to be especially responsible to not get pregnant. Legal abortions are not a reason to be irresponsible.

• Nnnn hj j b

Bh jh jh jh j bjh j jh jh jh j jh jh jh jh jh jh iu ij hj jh ih jh jh jh jh jh j jh j jh iuiujnjh j jhbkboiubihb jh jhboubijbjh jhbiuhoih j jhbouhoubkh j bbiui hh jh iu ikh j kh I kih kh

• They have no right

They have no right over a womens body and they shouldn't be able to say that they can't do as they please. If the woman doesn't want the baby it's her body her choice. Government shouldn't be allowed to decide whether it's ok or not. They aren't going to be the ones pregnant anyway

• As a feminist...

Abortion is more wrong morally than lawfully. The mother AND father should have an equal say in regards to their child. The government, media, politics, and society shouldn't scorn a woman for having an abortion, yet no one should encourage it either. The answer for me personally is NO, but there are many circumstances to this topic and every person has different perspectives.

• As a feminist...

• As a feminist...

No the government should not have control over a woman in regards to abortion. Yes, abortion is wrong morally more than lawfully however the mother and father of the child should have the right to make the final decision of whether to abort their child or not. There are many circumstances towards this topic, but the government, society, or politics in general should have no say in what happens to another persons child.

• The federal government should not

I dont believe that the federal government should decide for everyone what is right. If that power resided in the states, I feel the public would get their opinions out much better, and would be able to decide from there what is best for that particular state. Maybe then we can see just how much of the national believes in abortion.

• My personal choice

I am a 36 yr old woman who does not want to have children. I am on birth control, but everyone knows even these drug companies know that nothing is 100% effective against pregnancy. If by chance I became pregnant I would not want the child and immediately have an abortion. I have a mental health disorder that I would not want to bring a child into this world having to deal with the issues I grew up dealing with. It's a miserable life to live & I would never want that or be ready to support a child. I personally had made the desicion not to have children back when I was in highschool & to this day I have not changed my mind. Children & marriage are just not meant for some people and the government should not be making that choice for you!!

• My personal choice

• My personal choice