Should the government enforce stricter gun control laws?

• Gun rights =/= owning a semi-automatic machine gun

The second amendment allows the personal use of a firearm for self defense. Hint: self-defense.
    You do not need a semi-automatic machine gun for self-defense. A small pistol or even a taser to inflict pain and escape is all that is needed.
    In order to obtain a license for gun ownership, everyone who lives at the address of the person registering should undergo a psychological evaluation in order to make sure that the licensed firearm will remain out of the hands of those who are mentally unstable or resort to violence.

• Ghjgjfffffffhgdht dygt thhr

F f f f f f f ff f f f f f f fffffffff f f f f ff f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff ff f f f f f f ff ff f f

• Ghjgjfffffffhgdht dygt thhr

• Ghjgjfffffffhgdht dygt thhr

• Its not safe

Gun control should be enforced by everyone. Well for one it is not safe. Next people who have illnesses can get to them. Another reason is because of Safety Violations aren't incised. Another reason is because of Violences with guns. Also the last reason is because of gang related violence.

• Why are we still debating this

Alright, I know all you right wing gun rights advocates always resort to the guns don't kill people, people kill people excuse, and you know what you're right, the people are doing the killing, but it is the fact that we allowed them to do this killing with high powered assault rifles that is so ridiculous, in what world would you need a high powered automatic rifle for defense, what, are you going to be attacked by fifty men! The only reason to have a weapon like that is to kill many people, like at a school, now I am sick of people saying its protected under the second amendment, I know it is, but the second amendment was written in the 1700s ok, back then all we had were muskets, and you would be lucky to kill one person with that, so the founding fathers never could have forseen such powerful weapons or I am sure they would have written it differently. And we wouldn't round up every gun in the U.S. but we would stop selling them to mentally unstable people and criminals, and I know what you're thinking, we should have had them locked up before they killed everyone, but we just can't do that, it's not logical, these people are mentally ill, they are unpredictable and it can be hard to tell who is mentally ill and who is not, so I believe I just shot down all your theories but if I missed one let me know.

• Yes we need gun control.

There are too many guns in our society owned by many different kinds of people. All that seems to be happening is that we are developing a much more violent society, more than most other countries that are civilized. Even children are dying for no reason so we should be curtailing who can buy and own.

• John M. Maxwell

It's in my best interest that many of the people in the news have been in great horro to face children with guns in your home, I believe that we as United States should be more protective towards our children and their surrounds because anything could happen to those children.

• Like every sane society would do.

How many more cases do we need to see before we realize that our fascination with weapons has gone horribly wrong? Have you ever read about elementary or high school shootings in any other country? If you haven't, the reason is quite simple -they don't do it. I'm sure they have their own percentage of deranged students and psychos: it's only they can't just get a gun like we do. The counter argument is "we need them to defend ourselves". And this is the moment for every gun advocate to stand up and tell us how many times he has used his gun(s) to stop a crime that police could not have stopped.

Yes, I know, crickets chirping.

• No no no

No why should we criminals are still going to find guns and the guns dont kill people kill people so dont ban guns and if you do dont be suprised if there is more shootings and lots and lots of more deaths and injuries and riots and mad people .

• Let's be realistic here

Whatever problem our government sees we the people have they just make worse than it already and we don't need more stricter laws we need less because Stricter laws will cause more chaos more corruption and more deaths to criminals laws are a dare they see them as a challenge and that's why they break them and that's why stricter gun laws isn't going to help anyone because that's what criminals thrive on and stricter laws take away many of the people rights away and giving the government more power to the government leading the way to a dictatorship

• I haven't seen any Evidence

I have yet to come across a valid, educated argument against guns. Machine guns are regulated by the ATF. Rifles are rarely used in murders compared to handguns. I always hear these ideas about getting rid of guns. Keep in mind, in America there are ALMOST as many guns as cars. Explain exactly how you can round up EVERY SINGLE GUN IN AMERICA, and keep them from being smuggled in? Also, if you forget one single gun you just put one person in higher power than anybody else.

• The right to bare arms

First, it would be an idiotic move to let the government limit us on guns even more. Also why should the public be punish for incidents that could have been avoidable if the people who did do the shootings were mentally unstable and should have been taken care before they went on a rampage not after. Also remember the saying "Guns don kill people,people kill people"