• This is obvious

Many o the poor are not able bodied i i i i i ii i i i i i i i i i i i i ii i i i ii i ii i i i ii ii ii ii i i i i i i i i i i i i

• Ggggggggg g g

G g g fa your hg be. Fa. Fa Cth. Fum. Vam. Chu. Can. Van. Van. Gun Cohn cgh. Van. V v. Vbvgn b. B. B v. B Ve vb vh bn b bn v. B v. Bn. Go. V cv v vvvv. V Ng go gn n. No. B

• Ggggggggg g g

• Ggggggggg g g

• Yes they should

They'll die otherwise pal. I need to write forty six words apparently so hello whoever is reading this and have a nice day b b b b b b b b b b b bb b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b

• Of course poor people should be given money.

If justice and equality are important then why not? We all know people are not born equal. There is no reason in this day and age that everyone can not be provided with enough money to have good food and shelter. Many people will grow into being responsible adults once their basic needs are looked after. Just because someone has a job doesn't mean that they are responsible people who create something good for the world.

• The Government Should Give Money to The Poor

I think the government should give money to the poor.They need the money to survive.They need it for shelter,food,and water.What if they have a family.Then they need to provide more for their family to stay alive.Plus the more people that stay alive the more representatives in the House Of Representatives .

• More than you know, unless you are poor

From TN perspective. Perhaps the VA side is even worse. Circumvent local representation and get companies in the high unemployment areas. Local governments that only want local tourism have big problems hidden. Guranteed if they have access to real jobs without back door political deals, wages will be better too. You would be surprised how stagnant the economy is in many Appalachian poverty areas. The local community can't afford many more to leave or move away and can't allow real companies to move in so they aren't in control of every aspect of the community employment. Guranteed the largest employers will be government such as schools, social security offices, welfare offices, a community college all of which are everywhere and every state and all funded by state and local governments. I disagree using state and federal government as employers in regards to the basic employment. If they are stripped away then people really appreciate the real unemployment and under employment. Low wages, part time, inequality of the treatment of women and age bias are common. Education will not assure a job in those areas. If anything it will keep you unemployable. Jobs advertising high school or associates preferred, you will be over qualified, particularly those over 40.

Either provide money or dont. When you start with this group or portion can get but those cant the program has already been designed to fail. The people that need it will not get it. TANF does not work. If you are female, over 40 and suddenly your 20 year old child is disabled by any means you can imagine, sorry. Keep in mind in rural Appalachian areas there is no such thing as help. There are no non profits to help with food, monetary aid and any other programs will disregard you for working and owning things you worked to pay for. You have welfare or social security. That's it. Welfare is really a maybe, since you are working or on unemployment, forget it your over the income limit. Often, until a person has actually been awarded social security they will not get medical.

I urge anyone that thinks this is an elaboration or exaggerated post, Google Lewis Loflin VA/TN. WCYB news on unemployment. Pick an area and look at the unemployment rate, then look up the area and view the population. Sometimes I myself disagree with him but he really gets the point across. People are not vocal, think back to the point of the local government choking jobs....You have family that work too. This kind of treatment still exists. The good old boy system is alive and well.

Please take a little time to see why there could be so much poverty in areas. Before blaming people, like the political parties and media tell you to see, possibly it could be what you don't see.

• Free money to poor ought to also get free housing, food, clothing, + access to transportation

Free money to poor ought to also get free housing, food, clothing, + access to transportation

free money to poor ought to also get free housing, food, clothing, + access to transportation

• Nooo nooo nooo

Poo oo ybjyf ufxgv rs dxgsc uahadijasz juadlsjxak uohldaksn oqw,jfwou oaidhn,z j,wiysoadznx,M 9oqwidksanzxk o dasudsika uappppppppp pi 8gsd 00e 8dds 9gdue ibesbeb e8d I I o x s fd s f s c s c s f s f f s c s c s f s w s s

• No, absolutely not.

Income redistribution is blatantly Unconstitutional in the U.S. It isn't the job of the responsible to subsidize the existence and lifestyle of the irresponsible.

In other words, the " haves " are under no obligation to support the " have-nots "

Life isn't fair, and the government doesn't exist to make it fair.

• You don't work, you don't eat!

You are responsible for your own life. Your parent created you and raised you. Once you are an adult it is time to take care of yourself and your future children without burdening the people around you who have suffered to earn what they have. We should NOT rewards laziness and lack of responsibility by stealing from the people who earn their life and giving to those who don't deserve a dime.

• Cut Off The Ties

Why give money to people who are going to breed more poor people? Where does fight for what you want come in? Survival of the fittest? Eventually, if it continues as it is. The whole country will be poor and then a socialistic country will be formed.

If you don't have a great family support to help, friends, or other means other than tax payer money. I'm sorry about your luck, I have my own family to feed and CANT waste any more supporting you.

• Cut Off Ties

What happened to survival of the fittest? If we keep the poor that have no family support, problems, health issues, what do you think those blend will breed? MORE of them...

In my opinion, limited support should be given because shit does happen. I understand, but you can't rely on the the government like most do. My family wasn't always able to provide for the family but thankfully to a great family support and good values, we managed.

Just my 2 cents!

• People should not be given much help if they are not willing to help themselves.

While creating apartments would open up construction jobs for some of the working poor, living there for 20% of income is too much. The "lazy poor" should not be given this amount of aid, because they are not willing to help themselves out of their current situation. 3 more words

• Its our money!

Personally, I think we don't have a duty to sent money overseas for other people in distant countries because of one of several reasons. The main reason is that if you have eared the money by working hard all your life, you should have a choice to do whatever you want with it and not have to give to the poor. When I think about this debate i think of one saying - Money Doesn't Grow on Trees, If people want money, they should earn it. Maybe instead of just giving money to them we should set them things up like farms so then they can get a job. This is also something that can support them for the future and not just a few weeks.On the other end of the spectrum people may not have the money to give and even if they wanted to couldn’t. So if it was a duty, people may not be able to contribute. I do believe that this is a moral decision and not a duty. It is the person outlook and how they think they can help (or want to help) whether to give to the poor in distant countries.

• Money Doesn't Grow out of Trees

If people want money, they should earn it. Maybe the government should give them lessons. Then they can get a job. While are working maybe the government can offer them shelter in crowded places.
    Sorry if u support government giving money. My family is the richest in our town in Connecticut. My Pa (dad) earns 10,000 a day. My Inahan (mother in Cebuano) earns 12,000 a day. Add that up and we have 22,000 a day. But thats for my parents earnings, My sister Kaitlin earns 5,000 a day so were pretty rich.

But back to the poor, let them live as is, god is only showing you how others live. Giving them money,is like trying to change colors on a picture.

• Money Doesn't Grow out of Trees

• Common sense should answer this.

Look at nature. When a bear is unable to feed itself, it dies. The result is a population of healthy bears that can successfully provide for themselves. The human population is unfathomably high because people who should be dead are alive because successful humans provide for themselves as well as the, much larger, inferior population. Everyone having the right to live is a delusion. Nobody has that right. If anyone receives money or food stamps from the government for any reason unrelated to an occupation, they are less than children to me. Keeping them alive through government assistance is only harming our species as a whole.