Should the government halt or slow the effects of dissemination of information to the general public?

• No: The Government Should Not Impede the Flow of Information

The flow of information to the public has already been impeded through cultural conditioning. People could in theory be much more aware if they had been taught to think critically and care about their fellow man, rather than be mindless consumers. Government restriction on information represents a form of censorship and repression in a world where people need to know more and be less restricted by the violence pedalling paradigm we live in.

• No They Shouldn't

I do not believe the government should halt or slow down the effects of dissemination of information to the general public. The information flows so quickly because of the Internet. If the government was going to stop this, they would have to interefere with the Internet far too much. I don't want the government to mess with the Internet, I like it the way it is.

• No, I don't think so.

The only way the government could do this in the modern age is by restricting the Internet, and in restricting the Internet you are restricting the freedom of speech and information. This would be akin to a modern day burning of the books. It's not a positive thing at all.

• Technology is a good thing.

No, the government should not halt or slow the effects of dissemination of information to the general public, because there are things that we need to know. There are some powerful moments, for example God Bless America at a baseball stadium when Bin Laden was captured, that only happen because we get information quickly.