• The government should help.

The government should help because I have family members that live on the streets and they have mental disabilities. Some cant work for them selves and they need there medication to live. I truly believe that with some help they can get back up on there feet and start to work again.

• Absolutely

The government is for the people, not just those who have made the best decisions and made no mistakes. our country has enough resources that none of its citizens should be without a home. they may have made mistakes and may not be completely sane or have job skills, but they are human, and many simply need a helping hand or a second chance. It is the governments duty to help them.

• We are all people and deserve

To have a place where we can call home and not a matures under a high way. U have to think some homeless people served our country and are there because when they came back they had nothing. Some homeless people deserve homes and not where they are now. Once you fall it's hard to get back up.

• The government should do more for the homeless.

The true measure of a society is how it treats it's most vulnerable members. Therefore, the government should be doing much more than it is for the homeless population. It's absolutely shameful that in a country as wealthy as ours, we have citizens living on the streets. They need help and understanding, and they need it from their government.

• Housing the homeless would give stability

Living without shelter is extremely stressful. You wonder how you'll eat, how hot it will get, how cold it will get, where you can sleep in safety, will you be arrested, will you die alone and abandoned. I have my doubts that substance abuse is as rampant in the homeless as stereotyped.

When we lost our house due to my job loss, my wife and I lived in a motel for a month, which meant we were briefly homeless. Fortunately with the help of our children we rented a house

• Why shouldn't we???

I think it is disgusting that people think homeless citizens should be left to sit there and eventually die. These people can have feelings, imaginations and dreams. They are the same as us. We need to sit in their shoes and realise that its not their choice. They cant help it, they need to be supported and put back on their feet. You don't know their story and they should be supported as much as possible!!!

• Yes, the government should.

The government requires employers to employ a certain number of women and blacks as a requirement to bid on jobs. Homeless individuals should be afforded that free ride as well and I can gaurantee you the work ethic will be better than that of the lazy hood rat that sits on his ass all day.

• If they really need it

Yes I do think the government need to help them but not the ones that just beg because they can't be bothered to work .

They really should help the ones that are disabled and can't work,may be put them it to "homeless recovery centre"

the ones that can work or can't be bothered to work we could put them into the army altogether we could could shift homelessness off the streets

jacob

• Supporting does not mean encouraging them

Just because they are homeless doesn't mean that they are drug addicts or lazy workers. But even if they were drug addicts, they probably used drugs in the first place to take their mind off what they're suffering from, such as divorce or depression or they could have disabilities that makes work even harder. We can support the homeless in many ways, even the drug addicts, we can offer them lunch besides money or help the drug addicts get over their addictions or whatever caused it in the first place.

• Help homeless Americans

Not all homeless people are not willing to work. The middle class is shrinking. There is a "new homeless" class coming along. This is not acceptable by any American. We have plenty of ambitious people in this country that want to create business and jobs, however the American government needs to encourage and not hinder. Lets all of us Americans come up with ideas and help each other out. Love your fellow American and we will prosper.

• No the governement should not thelp the homeless.

When one person thinks of homeless, the first image that usually comes to mind is that of the beggars walking around looking for charity. One must remember that these people generally refuse to hold down a job. Any actual disabled person, would qualify for disability, thereby gaining a steady income which could pay for rent. The truth is the homeless people like being homeless, they don't like working, and most all take that change you give to buy malt liquor. Even at my local homeless shelter where I have volunteered, they all sat outside the gates drinking, with no cares in the world. The government should not support these people's drinking habits with our tax money. Not to mention all homeless people already qualify for food stamps, emergency medicaid, and can get any life saving treatment at a hospital without ever paying the bill, they just need a 9.00 a month PO Box to get benefits. If they can't stop spending that money on beer even for just a few days, they don't deserve our support.

• Less $ for the homeless = less homeless people

There are so many so-called 'homeless' people to whom if support systems were taken; would suddenly become 'capable'. I have known of at least one such person. This individual laughed at the all of us who drag out of bed and head to work everyday. This person is in their early 30's and takes advantage of everything from welfare to his parents' basement. I lump social systems in with the homeless problem. If we chose not to spend our wealth to support those with their hands out - the vast majority of these leech-humans would suddenly and miraculously find themselves working out solutions for survival on their own. My 2 cents.

• No, the government should not provide help to the homeless.

The government should "promote the general welfare," not provide it. Government should be limited at every possible opportunity. A government which provides aid destroys the society it is built on by encouraging its citizens to simply think, "The government will take care of them, I don't need to worry about it."

• Do not agree

It is not the government responsibly to take care of people, they are not babies. The homeless have arms and legs that god gave them to work. They just don't want to overcome because they are just lazy. They once had a good life but the decided to take a different direction.

• They suck up money

Homeless people can work but they choose not to because if they could not work because of a disability they could get a disability check from the government. Most of them are drunks and drug addicts anyway so if you do give them money they will most likely go waste it on drugs or liquor.

• People become dependent

Too many programs make it easy for homeless and jobless to depend on the government. That way they don't have to go out on their own and find a job, so they will be relying on the government more. Help them find a job, Don't just feed them a fish.

• Citizenship of course.

Technically, homeless people are not citizens of the united states because they are not legally recognized by the State and Commonwealth. Ergo, they do not pay taxes and are not recorded on the census. The government can not provide for people out of its jurisdiction. That is why the government should not help the homeless

• Wasting Our Money$

I disagree that the government should be raising our taxes because the homeless people are using our money for drugs and liquor. Also because citizens that aren't homeless without too much money will go homeless due to tax raising. Homeless people should be responsible enough to be educated and get their own jobs.

• We are spending too much money on them

They spend money on the things they don't need, and when they do need something the government gives a lot of money, plus our national debt is already at 17 trillion dollars which is a lot of money,, for that to decrease is actually impossible. And for the government to spend that much money would not be a smart idea

• Wasting Our Money$