Should the government of any country ban offensive arts?

Asked by: Jesspark1224
  • Yes they should

They just should. Lol is awesome and the whole wold so s s s ss s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s ss

• Depends on the severity of the offense

Art is a visual representation of the mind. It could represent the artist's mood, reaction, feelings, viewpoints or other mental expressions. Offensive art also serves to be some form of expression and while people are fond of quoting "freedom of speech and expression", one should realise that there never is a true concept of "freedom". Neither should there be. Art signifying racial slur and prejudice quite literally breaks the boundaries of offensiveness to enter the boundaries of anti-human message. Art maybe an expression, but if it becomes a slander, then the individual fails to become an artist and is simply an advocate of hate. I merely took one example of race to highlight my point, but there are other criteria as well similar to it. Also, my offensive art, I don't mean nudity. Unless of course, said nudity is used to send messages of female hate, in which case, it just fails to be art.

• Is there a criteria for 'offensive'?

HI i'm the one who uploaded this topic, and since 'cause of tomorrow's debate, I need some opinions for the question above : "Should the gov't of any countries ban offensive arts?". In my opinion, since there is no 'standard' of this term 'offensive', we can't judge what is offensive and what is not. Also, because of the freedom of artists, I belive taht we shouldn't ban these kind of things. I really appreciate your participations! Thanks!