Should the government of Russia more severely restrict the activities and events of the Eastern Orthodoxy church?

• No, the Russian government should not increase any restricts.

Religions, in general, should have certain guarantees regarding their activities and events in Russia or any country. Typically, churches enjoy specific tax breaks or tax-free status in numerous countries around the world. Of course, the Eastern Orthodox churches in Russia do weld considerable more power than during the Soviet era.

Lately, it seems, the Eastern Orthodoxy church enjoys the support of influential Russian politicians which could pose some problems in the future. As with any organization, governments have a responsibility to ensure that the general public is protected from abuses and illegal activities; but, so long as the law is observed, churches should not suffer unnecessary governmental restrictions.

• No, Russian should restrict activities of Eastern Orthodoxy Church.

I think that it would be morally wrong for the government of Russia to restrict activities of Eastern Orthodoxy Churches. I think that they should allow such organizations to conduct themselves however they want as long as they do not break the law. But considering this is Russia we're talking about, they will probably not care too much about free speech.

• No, they should not.

The government of Russia is constantly under stress and supervision by outside sources about what they are doing, and if they keep up the severity of their rules and regulations they will continue to make enemies. They should led the Orthodoxy church do what it wants because it will just cause outrage.

• not at all

No, I think that this church should have the right to be able to practice in any way that it might want, and that there should not be any changes to it that would end up messing it up in the way that they like to have their religion not.

• No, I don't think the Russian Government should more severly restrict the activities of the Eastern Orthodoxy church.

I think that as long as the Eastern Orthodoxy Church maintains it's place and does commit acts against the Russian Government then the Russian Government should in general leave them alone, The Eastern orthodoxy Church is a very large church with a large membership I think both sides stand to lose in a confrontation as opposed to co-operation.