Should the government of Spain devote a large, expensive festival solely to Salvador Dali?

• I think so.

I think that a large, expensive festival held for Salvador Dali would be justified as he was one of the most renowned and unique painters of all time. I think that it would be a very interesting and fun festival if it remained true to his spirit of surrealism. I think it could bring money and tourism to the country.

• The government of Spain should devote a large, expensive festival solely to Salvador Dali.

The government of Spain should devote a large, expensive festival solely to Salvador Dali. Salvador Dali was one of Spain's most influential artists. Salvador Dali was also a world renowned painter most famous for his work "The Persistence of Memory". In addition to painting, Dali's art included sculpting, film and photography. Spain's Government should devote a special festival which celebrates the art of Salvador Dali.

• Waste of time and money.

No, the government of Spain does not need to devote a large, expensive festival solely to Salvador Dali. While Dali is a national point of pride, there are many other artists of all sorts of disciplines that are just as important to Spain. And finally, expensive? No government can afford expensive arts festivals these days.

• This is not needed

Salvador Dali's contributions are unquestioned and he was one of the best in his field, but it is out of place for artists to be celebrated, especially for weeks at a time. I know of no nationwide festival celebrating the lives of simply an artist, it usually would require more.

• He is just a man.

No, the government of Spain should not devote a large, expensive festival solely to Salvador Dali, because he receives plenty of recognition privately. The Spanish government should not be using federal resources to honor one person over another. He was a great man, but he was just a man among many great Spaniards.