• Yes, health care should be free; think of others too!!!

The government is supposed to help the people, it is mainly their duty, and surely in every country there are poor people who can not afford paying when they fall sick, and others have said that the government would be using the money from other tax payers, but hello think of it as a charity, or a help to others, think of it this way, you have the money to buy stuff which the poor cant, and while you are busy feeling happy about your new car or latest phone, others out there cant even get food to eat and are feeling sick and dying. Don't think greedy, think of how many lives would be saved instead

• Yes but only basic

The government should provide it because otherwise we will have a huge drop in population as people will die and others will move away. But they shouldn't be paying for someone's plastic surgery or for someone to have a face lift. But yes basic needs like maternal health care, vaccinations, and basic needs like going to your doctor for some medicine if you are ill, but not things like plastic surgery

• Free health care helps the poor. It should be limited to save only those that need it

Free health care helps the lower class people also the ones that don't work. It will help them financially maybe to put more food on the table. It will give them assurance that they have something to fall back on and don't have to worry about getting extra money for something the government should be providing.

• Yes with boundaries.

We should be offer some sort of free health care. But it should be only for the people who work, go to college, or both. Basically if you sit on your a**, then you shouldn't get anything at all. Illegal immigrants shouldn't be allowed to get free health care, because, that would be to easy for them when we really don't control the situation anyways. I mean if the Canadians and the English can opt for free health care, why can't we? I see the point from both sides, so I realize that there needs to be some sort of compromise. Now for the poor and homeless, they should be offer just enough free health care to get them back on their feet and get to work. Lazy people equals lazy economy.

• Free health care

I am work more than 20 hours a week and go to school full time, yet I am unable to afford health care or get covered through my job because I am classified a "flexible" employee. I also am denied state Medicaid because my state decided not to expand in 2014, and since I do not have children, am not pregnant, and am not elderly, I do not qualify. I need to get surgery on my elbow, but I am being told that since I have no insurance, I will have to pay $10,000 up front before I can get my surgery, and I was also told that monthly payments would not be an option for me. So here I am suffering in pain and unable to use one of my arms because I am denied help due to my finances and lack of coverage. Free health care would help people like me who actually do work hard, even with an injury, but still cannot afford to purchase health insurance.

• Free Health Care

Many people will get the help they need and get checked regularly at their medical doctor. Many people will not have to worry about paying their health care insurance. If people worry too much about money there is a possibility they will suffer from depression or even anxiety. So I think they should provide free health care.

• Yes, it is the humane and responsible thing to do

Free healthcare is in every civilized, industrial nation but the USA and is less expensive and higher quality. I thought the premise of Americans was brotherhood, love, togetherness, helping hand and all that. It seems to me the US is all talk, hatred, self absorbed, greed, greed, greed and of course me, me, me and ME!

• If not for the health and welfare of the people what should government be providing?

Many people work as hard or harder than the wealthiest of Americans but still can't afford health insurance. It is not just freeloaders and lazy people who are without health coverage. Maybe if we all had coverage there would be less crime, sickness, and the healthcare costs would decrease greatly. Providing protection of the wealth of the ultra rich is certainly not the direction in which we want our government to continue heading.

• Yes the poor or homeless can`t always pay for health care.

Without free health care the poor would have more troubles and would be even poorer than before and lower our economy. Without free health care people will get sick and die for no reason at all but for no health care. Meaning if everybody can have health care and be healthy then our economy can be healthy.

• Yes we should have free health care

Do we as working americans pay taxes on health care. do we not also try our best to pay medical insurance premiums on top of that. I believe the country we live in would be better off with free healthcare because it may open up jobs, and better our country in many ways.

• No

The government should not provide free health care if it is at the cost of other tax payers. I work hard for my money and they give me insurance for doing that. I should not have to pay for some one elses insurance also that is not doing the same as I am.

• No free healthcare

No, I don't think that they government should provide everyone with free healthcare. People who are working but make low wages should be offered reduced fee health care, but it should not be free. Too many illegals would use the emergency rooms for things other than emergencies and cause them to become backed up if health care were free.

• Subsidizing sickness will cause a higher demand for it.

When the government subsides people's bills when they get sick, then they will more likely take lesser care of them selves, the high cost of hospitals will stop people from unhealthy eating, smoking, and other harmful activities people do just because the government will eventually help them in case anything goes wrong, of course people don't want to be hurt, but the moral hazard problem will lead to the more likely event that they would.

• The government should not provide free health care

While the government should not provide health care which is completely free it should support and develop health care programs which can be used by Americans who cannot afford health care. The health care system in the U.S. is broken and it will take much more then free health care to fix it. Insurance is ridiculously expensive and hospitals take every opportunity to collect exorbitant fees for services. There is no reason a Physicians assistant should be paid 348 dollars to walk into the room, say and do nothing, then leave. They bill because they can and they and the rest of the corrupted system are dragging health care down the tubes.

• No free insurance

I work long hours to pay for my health insurance. Why should some one that doesn't work get it free? People want everything free and don't want to work anymore. Our country puts everyone on pain pills and disability who decides they are too sick to work. Our children are getting lazy. If you want insurance, work for it!