Should the government sell assets to reduce the national debt?

• The government should sell some of its assets to reduce debt.

Yes, if at all possible the US government should consider selling some of their less used assets to help make up for the national debt. Effective businesses run on lean philosophies, and if there are any areas where the US government can become more lean, such as by sell their least used assets, they should by all means, do that.

• The government is getting into serious trouble with the debt.

The amount of outstanding debt owed by the United States is as big as it has ever been, and shows no sign of slowing down or being resolved. It should then be made paramount for politicians to find ways to reduce the debt, and one of these would be to sell assets. The US has the greatest technology and product base in the world, and we could do well by selling off some unnecessary or redudant assets, of which there are many.

• Yes we should

Yes, I think that it would be a good idea for the government to get rid of some of the things that they have that are worth a whole lot of money, and that it would do a lot of good for our debt here in the nation as it is.

• Give People Jobs

I have been saying this for a long time, and feel my face is blue from lack of oxygen. The easiest way to reduce the national debt is to make sure as many people as possible have decent jobs. That brings in the most revenue for the government to pay down the debt. They also can do other things like stop going to war with so many countries, and cut back on the bloated defense budget.

• No, America should not sell assets to settle debts.

I think that America should definitely not sell assets to reduce national debt. It is not a good idea, especially if these assets are something that are important to the history and legacy of the USA. I think that America should instead figure out ways how to let its citizens take more responsibility for their financial decisions.