• Not my politics

I actually enjoy NPR and PBS but I don't enjoy their liberal bias in everything politics or lifestyles. If NPR and PBS are going to continue to accept federal funding they need to stick with a more neutral or at the very least more points of view. I shouldn't have to support these entities if the employees get to decide the agenda and that agenda is strictly liberal.

• Absolutely offensive to me.

I find it very offensive that my tax dollars are helping a liberal biased station on the air. I grew up watching PBS and listening to NPR, but in the past decade, it's the Democrat News Channel (DNC lol). They used to have decent documentaries that I really enjoyed, but sadly have been replaced with obvious left leaning material. This is also where the 1st amendment goes to die. It's their favorite right, but ONLY for them.

Now it's just a Trump-bashing crusade without end. Contrary to NPR classification, I drove F-150 trucks while plastering as a blue collar small business owner, drink wine and am an exceptionally intelligent, well read man. Puts me right in the middle, and being an Independent that leans Republican just a bit, it's only even that bit because the left has turned to a bunch of kooks at best and outright communists at worst.

I've said it before, the Liberals are truly dangerous, and have the same ideals as the anarchists... To completely tear down and destroy the government using violence and lies.

• Absolutely offensive to me.

• Way overdue, slash it

NPR is nothing more than liberal talk radio. I hear completely one-sided arguments. I know exactly what I'm going to hear before they even speak. Bias 24/7/365. Constant criticism of anything conservative, and constant glorification of leftist ideas, transgender people, any other "victimized group", you know the rest. Enough of my tax money. Let them raise from their listeners.

• Liberal bias and anti-Trump sarcasm and snide remarks

Always interviewing minority views with seldom if ever MAJORITY views. Pretend to present the global news, but topics always promote radical or progressive views, with no counterpoint. NPR online news is manifest bias, always with NEGATIVE HEADLINES to get readers' attention. I will no longer make private donations to this either.

• No Longer Trusted

Government funded news is no longer trusted in much of the world. (BBC, France 24, Al Jazeera, Russia Today (RT))

The United States should not be in the direct propaganda business like these other countries are. The federal government does not subsidize television networks, why should it subsidize certain radio shows?

NPR currently has 3 of the top 10 radio programs. It does advertising and produces a net profit, so it will be easy for the government to sell off.

• Paying to hear my political opinions dismissed?

If a non-profit isnt allowed to be partisan, why should a government program be allowed too? This last election I had to endure nothing but (veiled) partisan attacks against the Republican candidates and obvious support for a certain Democratic candidate. They want to have a "progressive" opinion, fine, let them pay for it out of their own pockets.

• Should the government stop funding NPR?

There is no reason why any TV or radio channel in this day and age should receive government funding. It creates a conflict of interest for the receiver of those funds and crowds out other information channels that could better serve the public. It is neither desirable or needed today.

• Defund the Ministry of Truth

At what point do democrats admit that publically financed anti-Constitutional propaganda is a losing expenditure? NPR could limp along without the 15% of funding it extorts fro the public treasury.
    The tyrannical Left makes the argument that only NPR can support a classical music format. I'm puzzled. Howcumzit that Portland, Oregon can somehow support a classical format FM system, state wide, without a mandatory DNC love fest?

• Free to Choose

People should not be forced to support any promulgation of ideas. There are numerous media organizations who are free to say whatever they want at their own expense, not mine. The NPR gang ought to grow up and make their own way in the world like independent adults. Shame on them.

• Needed Necessary Evil

While over the years, it's understandable that PBS has become a bit more biased, it's a necessary evil that is still needed. Many of us grew up with PBS and NPR, even if we weren't directly in front of the TV. This includes tools and materials used by teachers- even to this day; as well as the resources used in almost all public libraries. A channel that offers documentaries, news sources, children's education, and emergency alerts. And to recap on that point, because it is a free, over-the-air channel, it is often the limited, if not only, channel many people can receive in rural areas. Though we might be in an advanced age of technology, not everyone is. Not only this, but many low income areas use PBS because it's intertwined with many charity organizations and events. So if a parent has a child that isn't or can't afford to be in pre-school, they use the resources available through PBS and NPR support.

• Eliminating government funding for NPR is long overdue

Representatiion by Conservatives on NPR is far below those of Liberals. This has been going on far too long. They do not need to receive money from the government as they have a plethora of funds coming from Liberal sources which should be adequate for much of their partisan reporting.

• Akin to taxation without representation - Drop the 'News' and Opion Journalism and I will support.

There is no practical way to 'unbias' these organizations in their 'news' functions. However, it is hard to see where there is a need for them to produce news given the abundance of other sources. It would be one thing if the product were different but as it is demonstrably the same as most of the other broadcast media, cut it out.

• Stop wasteful spending and let it begin with me- then NPR

Moochers and lonely blood suckers are all they are...
    Fosters enviroments of self hating people.
    Propagandists at the highest level.
    Use others to futher thier stoopid childish thoughts.
    Weak in spirit and in mind, no fortitude.
    Uses religion to comepare and rate themselves as holy than tou art.

And someone was stupid enouh to give them money. OURS.

• It is not that expensive for what it offers

NPR is a valuable public resource and it should not be cut. The amount of funding that it takes is a tiny percentage of so-called sacred cows like defense spending, or, for that matter, Obamacare, so why not look at some of these massive programs rather than trying to slash something comparatively tiny like NPR?

• Valuable National Treasure Should Be Preserved

NPR is a national treasure, just like PBS. Radio shows are a dying art with so much stuff on the Internet. NPR is one organization that continually delivers compelling stories and newsworthy topics. In a sea of "Justin Bieber Picks His Butt" journalism, NPR needs to stick around as long as possible.

• No the Government Should Not Stop Funding NPR

NPR is a valuable resource to citizens and needs to be funded. It keeps the idea and concept of free information for everyone alive. You should not have to pay for these services and NPR ensures people don't have to. Additionally, there many other things the government should consider cutting funding for first, before NPR.