Should the government take actions to deter individuals from smoking?

• Not good for the person smoking and others around them

Of course it is an individuals choice to smoke while even knowing the consequences, it not only effects the person but also effects the people around who choice not to smoke because smoke makes the air unhealthy. There are so many consequences and sacrifices that come with smoking cigarettes and other things you can smoke.

• Historiographer who passed Lcci from oxford and strategic management of harvard believed that cigarettes have no benefits at all and made for benefits.

He believed that comapny like winston marlboro or what ever convince tenagers that using such a thing is showing that you are a real man or a real lady or so how luxury . In a passed as you see in western movies you can see he hero of the story is used to smoke cigarettes. It just harm your health and does not have any benefits for your body.

• Smoking is bad

It can kill you and lots of people would be sad and it is ruing your lungs. It will give you lung cancer and it will ruin your life so stop smoking. It is a very bad habit and you need and must stop smoking now or you might die.

• Smoking is bad

• Smoking is bad

• Smoking is bad

• Smoking is bad

• Smoking is bad

• The peoples choice!!!

"smoking kills, and it causes cancer, and its bad for you" I have heard those three things from anti-smokers. Well smokers are not fucking stupid, they know cigarettes are deadly. Its their choice, it does calm you down, help you relax, get a good buzz, all that good shit. Smokers, you know what I'm talking about. But the point is it is a choice. People should have the right to do what makes them happy. And if that choice is smoking cigarettes or not to, then good for them. If the gov. controls it, it takes away the thing that makes life great, free will.

• Because ass and tits

I dont want my drugs to be taken away from me, they make my life better and i dont think its the governments job to tell me how to live my life. If people are doing bads things with smoking thats their problem. I think i am responsible. Thank you

• Because ass and tits

• They already do

They tax the heck out of tobacco companies and when you are buying a pack of cigs more than half of what you are paying is excise tax which they thought would deter people from smoking but it has still failed. I do not think the government should be trying to influence people's decisions because it is not their business.

• I think so

Because others don't smoke why kill our buzz??
    I do it because of my own needs how am i harming any others directly and even I'm doing so I'm doing it in the presence of people who smoke not in front of those who don't. Need 5 more words lol!!

• I think so

• The government should take action to deter cigarette manufacturers instead of individuals.

The manufacturers and the government are the ones who profit from cigarettes. They are the ones who need to be deterred. Why not outlaw cigarettes? The money the government will lose in revenue will be gained in the healthcare arena, i.E. Less medicare/medicaid recipients needing government funded treatment for COPD and other smoke-related diseases. The cigarette manufacturers are already fatcats, so they can just retire or find an alternative enterprise.

• It's a "free country"

People should be allowed to do whatever they want to. We choose what to wear in the morning, what job we have, where we live etc. And whether we smoke or not! People complain about why would they spend money on smoking because it's just destroying their body, alcohol does the same thing. And I can guarantee 80% of people attacking smoking drink anyway. It's the same thing.

The other main argument against it is "Why should I have to pay for someones health care when they go into hospital for smoking related diseases?". The irony is people, the majority if funding for health care in this country comes from smoking. The government make a huge amount of money from taxes on cigarettes, so unless you are smoking yourself you should get out. People should be free to do whatever they want, hence why it's a free country.

• We Have Free Choice

People are free to choose what they wear in the morning, where they live and how to live their lives, why should the government be able to control what people put into their bodies. The government has advertised and done as much as they can to make people aware of the consequences that smoking has on the human body. There is no way that someone that smokes doesn't know that they are causing harm to their body and yet they still choose to smoke. I don't think the government the government should take action because it's not their place to choose what is best for everyone.

• People should choose how to live their own lives

See Prohibition did no good. And that's just one example of how rude interference with the private lives of the common people usually fails. Smoking is in my opinion not a public health concern, rather it's a personal choice and as such everyone should make up his own mind about it. Besides there are much more pressing matters and deeper social problems than a simple habit.