Should the Hare Krishna sect be considered an independent religion in the United States?

• Yes, they should.

Hare Krishna are a sect that have branched off from Hinduism and I believe that if they wish to, they should be allowed under our Constitution in the United States to have their own religion. It has been a well established belief system for many years now. I believe that they should have the right to call it it's own religion if they wish.

• The first amendment

Part of our Bill of Rights in the constitution, which is the rights that all people are supposed to have, is the right to practice whatever religious practices we want. Because of this law that is in place, any religion should be acceptable, and people should not judge another's belief, simply because it is not like your own.

• The Hare Krishna sect should not be considered an independent religion.

The Hare Krishna sect should not be considered an independent religion because it is a cult. It is not a mainstream movement, but it is on the fringes of society. Most people who join this cult have some underlying problem in their lives and they end up getting brainwashed and joining.

• It has little support.

No, the Hare Krishna sect should not be considered an independent religion in the United States, because it has a very small following. By that logic, each person would have their own religion, because each person's beliefs vary a little bit from the person next to them. Hare Krisna is another cult.

• Does It Matter

The Hare Krishna sect falls under Hinduism and his protected by the United States and it's tenants of freedom of religion. I'm not certain if being labeled an independent religion in the United States would make much of a difference for the people involved with this sect. Overall, I have my doubts it matters, but if it does, they are far enough removed from Hinduism that they should indeed, be considered independent.