Should the hemp crop be legally grown in the United States?

• Yes, the hemp crop should be legal.

I definitely think that the hemp crop should be legal to be grown in the United States. Even if its being used to grow marijuana as well, it should still be legal. I think that too much money and effort is being wasted on trying to combat the pot and pot related industry.

• Yes it should be.

The reasons for hemp being illegal are completely ludicrous and illogical. It is a sister plant to marijuana, only it has none of the psychoactive effects of pot. Hemp is a superfood, can be grown just about anywhere, grows quickly, and can also be used for paper. There is no reason for it to be illegal.

• The hemp crop should not be grown in the US.

The problem with the hemp crop is, that it is basically indiscernible from the canabis sativa plant which is what marijuana is made out of. There is an effort to decriminalize or legalize marijuana, but it is slow going. Even those states that have decriminalized still struggle with federal enforcement agencies that still view the marijuana illegal.

• Hemp should be illegal in the US

It is my opinion that the hemp crop should not be legally grown in the United States. I feel that this crop leads to drug use, and the side effects that accompany drug use. The crop should not be made into a legal substance because it would have a negative impact on American society.