Should the International Monetary Fund be abolished?

• No, the International Monetary Fund should not be abolished.

The International Monetary Fund should not be abolished because the positive effects of this organization greatly outweigh any negative side effects. The International Monetary Fund serves to improve financial growth throughout the world and improve trade between countries. Considering that this organization serves over 180 countries, we can assume that this helps the economies of poorer countries to improve. When the economies of all countries steadily improve, so does trade. When trade improves, so do employment levels. This positive cycle is why the International Monetary Fund should not be abolished.

• No, I do not think that the IMF should be abolished.

I think that it is important to keep the International Monetary Fund around. I think after World War 2, it was vital and important for the world community to make sure that countries whose economies and societies were affected by it be helped to rebuild. I think that it is a greater benefit to the world to keep the fund going.

• Financial security is necessary for global economics.

The imbalance of global monetary spread is unfair and needs to be changed. The security attained with a global system helps to give citizens peace of mind, and helps maintain balance. The system is designed to help reduce poverty and create jobs, as well as fix the imbalace in todays economic system.

• Not it serves a purpose

I do not think that the International Monetary Fund, or IMF should be abolished because it serves a good purpose. The International Monetary Fund does great work around the world and helps out when there are global crises or potential global issues. They should not be abolished because it would create harm.

• No the International Monetary Fund (IMF) should not be abolished.

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) was founded to "assist in the reconstruction of the world's international payment system" after World War II. It provides funds (loans) on a short-term basis to all countries with payment imbalances to balance them. In addition it works to improve the economies of IMF member countries.