• Anti-Freedom of expression

People have a right (under U.S constitutional laws) to express themselves. Merely assembling is allowed according to the U.S constitution. 'Hate Speech' is merely a vice that people use to imply that what the KKK are doing is illegal, which it is not. The constitution protects the KKK because they are doing nothing wrong. The constitution is there to protect minority groups (like the KKK) because unpopular ideas are often 'good' (women's rights, the outlawing of slavery). There is no way to stop the 'bad' ideas without stopping the 'good' ones. In accordance to the constitution, the KKK are assembling legally, and this fact is assurance that the constitution is being upheld.

• Freedom of speech

The first amendment provides freedom of religion, speech, and the press. If the government could simply decide which voices get to be heard and peaceably assembled and which do not get that privilege, than our freedom of speech would be compromised. We all benefit from having a free society where all ideas may be expressed.

• First Amendment Right.

Unless you plan to ban the blm, and other such as well, there is no legal reason to infringe on their rights. You simply dont have the right to limit the rights of others. Seriously. You can have your oppinion, just as they can have and use their rights as well.

• Singling out a group based on a public opinion takes a very complicated document requiring intricate analyses and hands to the determination of the ignorant

I am not saying that those who oppose allowing the KKK, or for that matter the gay and lesbian supporters, or black panthers, or any other group which causes another group discomfort are ignorant in the sense they are stupid. However, the interpretation of the Constitution is complex and application of the 1st Amendment, moreover not just speech, as is often the term invoked but freedom of assembly, Religion, and others are also invoked. I do not personally agree with all the view points of the KKK, nor the other groups mentioned, but that does not mean I should impose my desire not to be uncomfortable on them to the extent they are eliminated. We migrated to this country to escape the dictatorial control of King George. Now, I read so many people wish to impose their beliefs onto minority groups (yes, with 5000 members the KKK is a minority group) because they simply don’t like or disagree with their tenants. Just as with the Billion Muslims, only a percentage of this group are violent. I do not believe we should burn the Bill of Rights to stop an individual group from their right to peaceably assemble any more than we should destroy mosques or churches because we hate Muslims or are atheists. Before we condemn, we should consider groups or beliefs we foster or hold dear that might be endangered if we embark on a judgmental course that allows for an "ends justifies the means" type attitude. I a just a simple soldier but hope that the danger I have placed myself in to allow you folks to pontificate here and my thoughts gives you cause to pause in your words and that my friends who did not come back, who truly believed in freedom - every American's freedom, was not lost in vain because those of you who did not make that sacrifice do not happen to like one group or another simply do not understand the foundations of freedom on which our country was built.

I am not saying that those who oppose allowing the KKK, or for that matter the gay and lesbian supporters, or black panthers, or any other group which causes another group discomfort are ignorant in the sense they are stupid. However, the interpretation of the Constitution is complex and application of the 1st Amendment, moreover not just speech, as is often the term invoked but freedom of assembly, Religion, and others are also invoked. I do not personally agree with all the view points of the KKK, nor the other groups mentioned, but that does not mean I should impose my desire not to be uncomfortable on them to the extent they are eliminated. We migrated to this country to escape the dictatorial control of King George. Now, I read so many people wish to impose their beliefs onto minority groups (yes, with 5000 members the KKK is a minority group) because they simply don;t like or disagree with their tenants. Just as with the Billion Muslims, only a percentage of this group are violent. I do not believe we should burn the Bill of Rights to stop an individual group from their right to peaceably assemble anymore than we should destroy mosques or churches because we hate Muslims or are atheists. Before we condemn, we should consider groups or beliefs we foster or hold dear that might be endangered if we embark on a judgmental course that allows for an "ends justifies the means" type attitude. I a just a simple soldier but hope that the danger I have placed myself in to allow you folks to pontificate here and my thoughts gives you cause to pause in your words and that my friends who did not come back, who truly believed in freedom - every American's freedom, was not lost in vain because those of you who did not make that sacrifice do not happen to like one group or another simply do not understand the foundations of freedom on which our country was built.

• Yes, why not?

I'm not racist by any means, but it seems to me that black people are allowed to congregate as a group called "the black panthers" which is pretty much a very disorganized hate group that travels around giving hate speeches often calling for the slaughter of all white people. So I say yes.

• Blacks get hanged

Straight from the underground lmao pow poow pow bloods vs crips kkk white trash blacks don't work #kidfrombrooklyn get rid of muslims. Starbucks is to much fucking cash i can buy a all you can eat buffet with 8 fucking dollars what is a blue collar worker supposed to do.

• Allow this pls

D s s s s s s s m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m mmmm mmm m m m m

• Sure they can,

just as long as the KKKKK (Kill the KKK Klub) can publicly assemble as well. The KKK is an organization that openly practices threatening the lives of other people. Allowing the KKK to publicly assemble would be like allowing terrorists to have a craft fair to raise money for more explosives.

• No, it should be outlawed.

While the KKK might argue that freedom of assembly is a guaranteed right, hate crimes are illegal. The history of the KKK is the understated definition of "hate crimes". They have committed documented murder and rape and they, therefore, should not be allowed to assemble anywhere in America. The fact that this question is even arising today is proof to those that argue the opposite; that racism exists in the United States.

• Unless they change

their rituals and traditions from murdering, killing, and discriminating, and then go on to announce their name as the "Kute Kids Klub", than no. Freedom of speech is one thing, but public KKK assemblies are something completely different. If you and a couple buddies want to talk about your beliefs, than go ahead. But when a bunch of like minded people rally together for a cause like this, there is almost inevitably going to be violence.

Posted by: TUF
  • Dont even think about ignorantly using the word assemble

Yes you're right that they are sadly allowed to attack people by "verbally expressing themselves." However the constitution clearly states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." Notice the word PEACEABLY comes before the word assemble.

Therefore how can you justify the discriminatory and terrorist actions if the Ku Klux Klan by simply spitting out the word assembly?!

Is hunting down blacks and lynching them to ground, peaceful? Is attacking and assaulting immigrants, peaceful? Is infringing the religious rights of others by persecution, peaceful? If you truly had morals you would say NO!

So you can have all the opinions in HW the world about this organization for all I care. But do not defend the abomination that is the Ku Klux Klan by ignorantly misinterpreting the constitution's use of the world assembly.

Oh and by the way, YOU JUST GOT SERVED BY A KID!

• Don't even try to use the assembly

Yes you're right about the fact that they are allowed to attack people by "verbally expressing themselves" However, the constitution clearly states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." Notice the word PEACEABLY comes before the word assemb.

• Don't even mention the word assembly if you're not going to use it properly

Maybe they are allowed to attack people by verbally expressing themselves. However the constitution clearly states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." Notice the word PEACEABLY comes before the word assemble.

• Dont you dare say the constitution protects their assembly

Yes you're right that they are sadly allowed to attack others by verbally expressing themselves. However the constitution clearly states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." Notice the word PEACEABLY comes before the word asssmble.

• It is unconstitutional at all costs

The first amendment of the constitution states,"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." Notice the word PEACEABLY comes before the word assemble.

Yes it may be so that their hurtful

• It is unconstitutional at all costs

Amendment 1 of the Constitution clearly states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Notice the word PEACEABLY comes before assemble. How can anyone justify the discriminatory and terrorist actions of the Ku Klux Klan with the first amendment? Especially with the part that talks about peaceful assembly! Yes, it may be so that they are protected under the freedom of speech portion, meaning that their hurtful and cruel words are legal.
    However, how in the world can any of you say that they are peacefully assembling. Is hunting down millions of blacks and lynching them to ground peaceful? Is committing arson and burning down other's property peaceful? Is raiding the streets hunting down and assaulting immigrants peaceful? Is purposely infringing the reigous rights of others peaceful? NO!

You may have all the opinions in the world about this organization. But do not defend the abomination that is the Ku Klux Klan by indicating that their not at all peaceful assembly, is legal.