• Anti-Freedom of expression

People have a right (under U.S constitutional laws) to express themselves. Merely assembling is allowed according to the U.S constitution. 'Hate Speech' is merely a vice that people use to imply that what the KKK are doing is illegal, which it is not. The constitution protects the KKK because they are doing nothing wrong. The constitution is there to protect minority groups (like the KKK) because unpopular ideas are often 'good' (women's rights, the outlawing of slavery). There is no way to stop the 'bad' ideas without stopping the 'good' ones. In accordance to the constitution, the KKK are assembling legally, and this fact is assurance that the constitution is being upheld.

• First Amendment Right.

Unless you plan to ban the blm, and other such as well, there is no legal reason to infringe on their rights. You simply dont have the right to limit the rights of others. Seriously. You can have your oppinion, just as they can have and use their rights as well.

• Singling out a group based on a public opinion takes a very complicated document requiring intricate analyses and hands to the determination of the ignorant

I am not saying that those who oppose allowing the KKK, or for that matter the gay and lesbian supporters, or black panthers, or any other group which causes another group discomfort are ignorant in the sense they are stupid. However, the interpretation of the Constitution is complex and application of the 1st Amendment, moreover not just speech, as is often the term invoked but freedom of assembly, Religion, and others are also invoked. I do not personally agree with all the view points of the KKK, nor the other groups mentioned, but that does not mean I should impose my desire not to be uncomfortable on them to the extent they are eliminated. We migrated to this country to escape the dictatorial control of King George. Now, I read so many people wish to impose their beliefs onto minority groups (yes, with 5000 members the KKK is a minority group) because they simply don’t like or disagree with their tenants. Just as with the Billion Muslims, only a percentage of this group are violent. I do not believe we should burn the Bill of Rights to stop an individual group from their right to peaceably assemble any more than we should destroy mosques or churches because we hate Muslims or are atheists. Before we condemn, we should consider groups or beliefs we foster or hold dear that might be endangered if we embark on a judgmental course that allows for an "ends justifies the means" type attitude. I a just a simple soldier but hope that the danger I have placed myself in to allow you folks to pontificate here and my thoughts gives you cause to pause in your words and that my friends who did not come back, who truly believed in freedom - every American's freedom, was not lost in vain because those of you who did not make that sacrifice do not happen to like one group or another simply do not understand the foundations of freedom on which our country was built.

I am not saying that those who oppose allowing the KKK, or for that matter the gay and lesbian supporters, or black panthers, or any other group which causes another group discomfort are ignorant in the sense they are stupid. However, the interpretation of the Constitution is complex and application of the 1st Amendment, moreover not just speech, as is often the term invoked but freedom of assembly, Religion, and others are also invoked. I do not personally agree with all the view points of the KKK, nor the other groups mentioned, but that does not mean I should impose my desire not to be uncomfortable on them to the extent they are eliminated. We migrated to this country to escape the dictatorial control of King George. Now, I read so many people wish to impose their beliefs onto minority groups (yes, with 5000 members the KKK is a minority group) because they simply don;t like or disagree with their tenants. Just as with the Billion Muslims, only a percentage of this group are violent. I do not believe we should burn the Bill of Rights to stop an individual group from their right to peaceably assemble anymore than we should destroy mosques or churches because we hate Muslims or are atheists. Before we condemn, we should consider groups or beliefs we foster or hold dear that might be endangered if we embark on a judgmental course that allows for an "ends justifies the means" type attitude. I a just a simple soldier but hope that the danger I have placed myself in to allow you folks to pontificate here and my thoughts gives you cause to pause in your words and that my friends who did not come back, who truly believed in freedom - every American's freedom, was not lost in vain because those of you who did not make that sacrifice do not happen to like one group or another simply do not understand the foundations of freedom on which our country was built.

• Yes, why not?

I'm not racist by any means, but it seems to me that black people are allowed to congregate as a group called "the black panthers" which is pretty much a very disorganized hate group that travels around giving hate speeches often calling for the slaughter of all white people. So I say yes.

• Blacks get hanged

Straight from the underground lmao pow poow pow bloods vs crips kkk white trash blacks don't work #kidfrombrooklyn get rid of muslims. Starbucks is to much fucking cash i can buy a all you can eat buffet with 8 fucking dollars what is a blue collar worker supposed to do.

• Allow this pls

D s s s s s s s m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m mmmm mmm m m m m

• Freedom of speech

The first amendment provides freedom of religion, speech, and the press. If the government could simply decide which voices get to be heard and peaceably assembled and which do not get that privilege, than our freedom of speech would be compromised. We all benefit from having a free society where all ideas may be expressed.

• Sure they can,

just as long as the KKKKK (Kill the KKK Klub) can publicly assemble as well. The KKK is an organization that openly practices threatening the lives of other people. Allowing the KKK to publicly assemble would be like allowing terrorists to have a craft fair to raise money for more explosives.

• No, it should be outlawed.

While the KKK might argue that freedom of assembly is a guaranteed right, hate crimes are illegal. The history of the KKK is the understated definition of "hate crimes". They have committed documented murder and rape and they, therefore, should not be allowed to assemble anywhere in America. The fact that this question is even arising today is proof to those that argue the opposite; that racism exists in the United States.

• Unless they change

their rituals and traditions from murdering, killing, and discriminating, and then go on to announce their name as the "Kute Kids Klub", than no. Freedom of speech is one thing, but public KKK assemblies are something completely different. If you and a couple buddies want to talk about your beliefs, than go ahead. But when a bunch of like minded people rally together for a cause like this, there is almost inevitably going to be violence.

Posted by: TUF
  • There the kkk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YO FUCK THE KKK I DONT GIVE A SHIT WHAT THE CONSTITUTION SAYS. THEY KILLED MY PEOPLE BITCH I OUGHT A STAB THE PERSON WHO SAYS YES. BEST BELIEVE THAT MOTHAFUCKA. THEY KILLED MY GREAT UNCLE IN THE STREETS BRUH. Y'ALL WHITES TRY BEING OPPRESSED. IM OFF THIS SHIT

• Hate groups are dangerous

It is odd how some can't differentiate certain types of contentious speech, like flag burning or poking fun at a religion, which are protected speech and attack ideas or symbols, from true hate speech, which are created to villainize, hurt, and fear certain groups of people. The KKK uses the latter. Even with their cross burnings and being given allowances to assemble in an area, when your entire platform is "Death to this. Death to that. Outsider this. Build a wall. Take back our country." you cross the line into incitement. Video and stories of new groups of hateful extremists, emboldened by Trump, that are coming out show exactly that happening.

• It's baffling that this is allowed

It's 2016. There is no legitimate reason that this group should be allowed to exist. How is a group founded on hatred permitted? How can be combat hate from groups like ISIS when we allow hate groups from within? What good is banning the confederate battle flag if hateful groups are allowed to assemble?

• Free Speech should only extend to the rights of another. After they cross that line, the rights are obsolete

In the case of Snyder v. Phelps in 2011, the family of a young man who had his military funeral protested took the protesters to court. Even though they were defeated, I believe that your rights to free speech are ended when they cause significant mental or physical harm to another. In this case, the KKK has caused significant harm to many over the years and if it continues to cause unrest and verbal and physical abuse, then the right to free speech in public should be withheld. I understand that this could be a slippery slope because someone could say, "hey, your causing me verbal harm" and take you to court. Well there would need to be evidence of that harm in the trial and it would then be determined by the jury as to whether harm was bestowed. No the KKK should not be able to freely protest if it causes significant harm to others

• The kkk should not be given the right to publicly gather.

The KKK are terorists. Always have been and always will be. Just like all the terorist groups before them. Just like natziz. They where not alowed to gather and that shows no difference with the KKK. Even though they might not directly cause violence in gathering, they can indirectly cause outbraked of violence. Thats like saying you can go out and convincing tht its ok kill wemon just because men are better. Its not right.

• They should not be able to publicly assemble

I think that they shouldn't be able to assemble because it's a crime killing and harming people that didn't do anything and are incent. So why would they let them assemble in the public? If they are allowed to then that would be letting crime happening and that should not happened because that means were allowed to basically do whatever we please even if its wrong and we shouldn't be doing that.