• It should be a YES.

I'm 25 and personally, at the end of the day.. People 21+ over to the damn 50's can cause accidents because of alcohol.. It's not because how young they are, it's all about responsibility!!! How the hell is it right that someone who is 18 can't drink but can die for someone else 21+ to drink and in the future may get DWI. Like seriously.. You can't judge someone off their age.. People are all raised differently and some of these teens are far more
    Mature than people my age.. I'm all for making it legal. People under 18 will drink and people who have DWI's will drink & drive regardless.

18+ -> drinking age.

We're adults! And in most cases we can buy it anyways? I am a 16 year old and honestly I can just go to the liquor store in my town and can buy anything there anytime I want. I just did the other day! Did you know us teenagers are more likely to binge drink because we don't know the next time we're going to get a bottle? Instead of letting us experiment alone with friends, bring us out into bars, restaurants, clubs etc. And properly show us how to drink..

• Drinking age should be 18 because....

Honestly, I'm 18 and I believe that it should be lowered. I'm in college and we go to frat parties in college to have the ability to drink alcohol but the risk there are worse than actually going to the bars it's easy for guys to ruffy girls. Not only that but to say that were still going cognitive is stupid because so are people who are 21. I have plenty of friends that are 21 or older and I'm known as the responsible one. Another reason is we are adults we can go into debt we can go to jail we can go to war and get killed but yet we can't drink? If I'm going to die you sure of hell bet I'm going to enjoy a drink before it. Not only this but a lot of us drink because we're not allowed to, so it makes us feel as if we were "cool" because we have access to someone who can buy us alcohol. Also, you guys don't know how many college students have fakes. It's ridiculous. If you go to a big school like mine you know everyone on campus has one. So, it's not stopping underage drinking from happening. Other countries don't have big drinking problems and they can all drink at 18 maybe we should try to change. Everyone is just afriad, but you can't say something is bad until you've tried it.

• If we are old enough to..

If we are old enough to get married, buy tobacco products, vote, drive, own our own home, and get a tattoo, which are all pretty big responsibilities, i think we should be able to drink, we are offically adults when we are 18 so why not give us ALL the responsibiliries, or maybe even give it a test run!

• The drinking age should be lowered to 18 part 1.

The drinking age has been an ongoing debate for a long time. By 1988 all 50 states had set their minimum drinking ages to 21 (MADD). This was raised from age 18. The minimum drinking age was lowered to 18 in the 1970’s because of the Vietnam War, Griggs said in his article that “If young Americans could be entrusted to vote, serve on a jury and fight in Vietnam, why couldn't they order a beer?” Beers only contain about 4%-6% alcohol. That’s not a lot. The legal minimum drinking age should be lowered to 18.
    As a college student, I see underage drinking and alcohol abuse every week. Some people could think that I am auguring to lower the drinking age just so I can drink and have a fun time but this is completely false. I want the drinking age lowered because I think it is the fair thing to do, so my fellow students will stay safe, and so if an underage college students won’t get screwed over if they make just one mistake. Alcohol has become a forbidden fruit for a lot of kids under the age of 21 (Griggs). If you cannot have something you want it even more. If I say do not press the red button, all you want to do is press the red button. If alcohol becomes more available and more acceptable to drink at a younger age then there will be less of a desire to use it and to binge drink. I know so many people who said that when they finally turned 21, they had no desire to drink anymore. They did it so much when they were younger for fun that they just did not want to do it after they legally could. It lost its rebellious appeal. The rebellious factor leads to binge drinking, another huge problem on college campuses. Elizabeth Geltman described her experience of being able to drink at age 18 in college. She said it was not only part of her social life but also her academic life. Geltman was invited to many events that involved faculty members and drinking. There was an on-campus pub that was paid for by the university with stuff there to keep the students safe. She explained how these events were all out in the open and supervised by stuff “who could model appropriate alcohol-related behavior” (Geltman). She said that the only problems she observed with drinking was when it was done in an unsupervised environment like frat parties. This unsupervised activity can lead to rape, alcohol addiction and alcohol poisoning, just to name a few. Dangerous alcohol behaviors happen under closed doors and that’s what America forces kids under 21 to do (Geltman).

• Educate Before Drinking - Drinking License

Instead of just saying, "no", why not make it mandatory that when a person turns 18, they have to take a course on the effects/responsibilities of alcohol. Kids are going to find ways to drink around this age, regardless of any law. And usually when they do drink, they drink in excess without much concern for any harmful effects because they don't know when they're going to be able to drink again. This leads to a lot of alcohol poisoning, and people just hurting themselves in general. At the end of the course, if a student passes, they'll be given an alcohol license saying that they know the consequences of their actions. You can't stop them, so why not educate them?

• Yes they should

18 year old's are allowed to vote,defend their country, and smoke then why should they not be allowed and if they do this to them it will become temptation because is forbidden and they will want to do it more plus if you expect them to be responsible and they are responsible why not let them .Now i am not saying it is fine for them to drink and drive that's another topic .

• Die at 18

Were allowed to die and shoot people st 18 and can get married, be responsible parents and make life decisions yet not responsible enough to hold a beer, makes no sense.. It would be way less tempting in college if teens were exposed to drinking in a civilized, modest way.

• It Definitely should be 18 or 19

No matter what people are going to drink. If the drinking age gets lowered people wouldn't get such a thrill from breaking the law. College students will always have a "hookup" no matter what. Parties are still going to happen, college students are still going to get wasted. Lowering the drinking age will also help the government get tax money. So I say let it be 18 or at least 19.

• The drinking age should be 18

People under 21 drink anyways so why not lower it. I think that if you are able to join the military or get tattoos or even buy tobacco then you should be old enough to buy a beer or any other sort of beverage that you would like. I know some days I would like a beer after work but I cant because the drinking age is 21.

• No! They Shouldn't.

18 year olds are too stupid to understand the damage alcohol can cause. They are still teenagers and not mature enough to handle the effects of what alcohol will cause. Drinking is one of the main reasons 16-18 year olds are getting pregnant. These kids saying that they are mature enough for alcohol are just stupid. But,if they wanna die early from alcohol poisoning or liver and kidney failure let them go ahead and die. They made the stupid choice if they are dumb enough to drink then they deserve the consequences and I will laugh when they die from it because I told them it was a stupid decision.

• Uneducated drinkers in our millennium .

In my opinion our millennium is quite uneducated on the effect of drinking at an early age ! It can lead to many long term problems like alcohol abuse , domestic abuse, and addictions to other unhealthy substances . They will be lead to the temptation to travel and with being 18 they can own a license or have the ability to drive , yet not have a license

• Lol, nah buddy

Drinking at an early age could damage your brain. Plus, why would someone want to grow up so damn early?! Enjoy your childhood. Go hangout with your friends, play sports, worry about grades. Don't mess up your future for a stupid party. Honestly, its not even worth it to drink until you're 21. There's way too many consequences. I'm speaking from experience. It's not worth the trouble, believe me.

• Think on it.

In the U.S ALONE every 12 minutes a person dies from drinking and driving most are 16-20 years old. If we lower the drinking age it will do nothing to decrease those numbers. It will only INCREASE the death toll. Think on it, you have a kid of your own (if you don't then pretend or use your imagination) and one night he/she will go out and get drunk get behind the wheel and wind up the next day buried 6 feet below the ground. How will it make you feel knowing that he was drunk, saw him staggering toward the car but yet you didn't say a darn thing about it. How do you feel now that you have a death on your hands that you could of prevented? So point being proven, keep it at 21. More kids just might get a slap of reality before then and realize drinking at 18 is the most stupid thing anyone could ever think of doing.

• No. If the legal drinking age were lowered, it would pose threats to not only the drinkers themselves, but other people.

Young people are notorious for binge drinking and this leads to many dangerous problems. Drunk-driving rates are highest among drinkers 21 to 25 years of age (23%). And this is just legal drinkers. An additional 17% were people ages 16 to 20.
    Drinking greatly affects proper brain development. Even after 21, a person's brain is still developing. Drinking affects social skills, communication, behavior, motor skills, coordination, memory, and even cell count.
    People can argue that they have other rights at 18, but the legal age is 21 for a reason. Lowering the legal age to drink alcohol will do more harm than good to anyone involved with alcohol.

• Incapable of Handling Ourselves While Intoxicated

At this age, our brains are still developing. Drinking alcohol impedes the functionality of our brains. What's more, we're still young and immature. Definitely not mature enough to deal with the consequences without the help of Mommy and Daddy. High School and College students both suffer academically due to intoxication. Those who drink as teenagers are more likely to become alcoholics. I had an uncle whom I loved dearly, who died in his early 40's. He was intoxicated frequently, and one day ended up falling down while drunk, and suffocated in a pool of his own blood. My aunt found him three days later. His five children are now fatherless, and they mourn their father EVERY DAY.
    If you can't have fun without the use of alcohol or drugs, then you're pathetic.

• No, the Legal Drinking Age Should Not Be Lowered to 18

The legal drinking age should not be lowered to 18 simply because alcohol is one of the leading causes of death in this country. I realize that young people who are determined to drink themselves to death are not going to be deterred by the legal drinking age, however the research is solid and we should not help them along in their quest for alcohol. We should do everything we can to keep kids from drinking for as long as possible.

• Drinking age should be will be lowered

It shouldn't be lowered because it will damage your health , your respect in society will be lost people will be hating you. And when you drink and drive you might get caught and you are in prison what about your parents. And you will ruined your life and might cause to death.

• No they should not lower the drinking age

They should not lower the drinking age because i am a kid in middle school and i know that there is a chance for every kid in middle school to be caught up in drinking and i know that drinking leads to drugs. By lowering the drinking age there would be alot more drinking and driveing because drinking messes with the decisions making of the brain!!!

• Absolutely Not

The legal age to drink should not be lowered to 18. Studies have shown that individuals at that age are still developing cognitively, meaning that their brains are not fully developed yet. This is why teenagers are more apt to engage in impulsive behaviors and dangerous acts. Therefore, individuals at this age would be more likely to binge drink as well as drink and drive. Lowering the drinking age will only give them more ammunition to harm themselves and others.