Should the mentally ill be given pharmacological restraints if they are violent?

• They Already Are

The mentally ill should be on medication. It helps them function and be a productive member of society. There is no scandal in this. The mentally are are prescribed medication to help them. The real scandal is that there are so many mentally ill poor people that can't afford access to a psychiatrist.

• The Mentally Ill

I personally think that be a good idea to give the people who are mentally ill and violent a lot of pills that would calm them down and make them stop wanting to hurt others all the time, since they are already off in the head to start. Restraint and forced sedation should be considered a last resort.

• Yes, pharmacological restraints should be given to the mentally ill when they act violent.

I think that when people who are mentally ill act violent, they lose their right to not get administered by a pharmacological restraint. I think that medical staff should have the right to use drugs to neutralize a patient who is acting violent regardless of whether they are ill or not.

• yes they should

Yes, I do think that it would be a good idea to give the people who are mentally ill and violent a lot of pills that would calm them down and make them stop wanting to hurt others all the time, since they are already off in the head to start.

• No way should they

The drugs that they give these patients turns them into zombies and dopes them up and makes them addicted to medications. There are other ways that they can be controlled through talking to them. All they want is to be heard and shown love, care and concern over their whole being.