Should the MGIB or Post 9/11 benefit be available to all students and not only veterans? Why or why not?

Asked by: SylviaRey
  • I second your opinion SylviaRey.

First off, I am a 15-year-old student, so I just want people to know that my opinion is unbiased. Students do not deserve the MGIB, as many of them have not sacrificed for their nation, as veterans have. I do believe that college should be more affordable, but students should not be entitled to the MGIB. SylviaRey and all other veterans that read this, thank you for your service to this country, and the sacrifices you all have made

• I do not believe it should.

As a veteran, I know it is something we earn and work for and don't just have it handed to us. I do believe college should be more affordable or free but not the MGIB given to everyone. Service members sacrifice a lot and deserve every bit of that benefit that they recieve.