• Yes the military age should be risen.

The military age to fight overseas should be raised but the age to join should be at 18. This is because our military can get more training and be better evaluated if they are fit to fight overseas so then the ptsd rate in the military will drop. It should also be risen because humans aren't fully developed until they are 25 so 7 years before that is a little naive to have kids be fighting overseas for us.

• Raise it to 21

18 year olds whose brains are still maturing shouldn't be allowed to put their life at risk. They are still kids. They lack life experience and are still quite naive about how the world works. Let them get jobs and some higher learning before they make up their minds. Or maybe having it at 18 is the easiest way for the government to snatch them up and mold their highly impressionable minds to do whatever bidding they choose.

• Don't "change" it. But fix it!

How about when you are 18 if you sign all of the legal papers necessary you may join the army and follow your plan for the future. This was anyone who had this planned to help them with college or its what they want to do with their life, they may do so. Although we should change the age that they require you to sign up so they can call you to war, to 21. This makes it so people can be more relaxed and not have to worry about it so much, and be able to participate in all of the "adult" aspects of life, but still being able to make the choice to sign up at 18 or 21.

• If the government is making unfair choices, don't help them.

First of all I'm 18 years old, I can buy cigaretts, get married without parental consent, adopt a child and be a foster parent, buy and poses a gun, watch an NC-17 movie or play and AO rated game, but I can't drink until 21? The 21 is my favorite number, but it's not fair how the government says I need to go to war if they draft. I can get drafted, but when I come back, I have blood, and almost died, went on a dangerous mission, but the authorities tell me I can't have a beer is totally ridiculous, congress should fire its members because they seem to abuse power. If the old presidents were alive, they could've kept the drinking age at 18. Tell the Feds the 21 law doesn't work and violates civil rights.

• I am not ready for the military

Due to the fact that I do not even consider by body ready for the troubles of the military I also know that there is not a lot of glory that the military makes you believe I agree with the 71% that think it should be raised. I believe that they age limit for joining the army should be 21 or older. One more reason that I do not like to think about the military is because of the fact that I could be killed, and my chance of death more than doubles because even if I leave than I will automatically be in the reserve.

• Yea They Should

Whbkyucfdahgure kuhdyfiuyhfsiudhf hdsiufyh98sap97u hiufhadsiulfhliudsf dslhfiusfh uhdfuds hfuhdlufhdsoiufa fudhfudhf f f f f f f f ffff f ff fff f f f f f f f f fd ee re et tt tt t tt t t t tt t tt tt t tt t t t t t t t t t t t t t

• It would help with the main reason why we keep the drinking age so low.

It is known that a main reason why we keep the drinking age so low is because back when the drinking age was 21 soldiers complained they were allowed to die for their country but not patronize its bars so they lowered it then disaster struck many more underage drivers began to die and they raised it again, if it is moved to 21 the argument would leave and the ability to raise the drinking age for the good of our youth would be available.

• Hi , I"m Pedro A. Bernal Jr. I think that the military should be 21, because America will have better soldiers.

I know that 18 is an adult,but in a way they are kids. 18 is the first stage of adulthood , but at this age they don't have wisdom. In a fight a soldier must know how to win a war, not use brute force. A 21 year old soldier will know how to defeat an enemy a little easier. The 18 will not, because the young adult will think that brute force is the key for victory. Wisdom is always the key to victory.

• Of course it should

The age of 17 is not an appropriate age to serve in the military ,because you are not even considered an adult. 17 year olds do not have physical capability to withstand the hard conditions war and training have on their bodies and mind, regardless they are still adolescents, we have to let their bodies and mind mature. The appropriate the military should be 21. Most teens who join the military feel like that is their only option in life for them to get somewhere in life, so they join without even having the chance to experience other options in life.

• Socially and Economically, no

If the military age were raised to 21 instead of 18, in the United Staes, I believe that would hurt the country in many different ways. First off, many highschoolers have their careers set on going to the military straight out of high school. Also if the age were set at 21, the unemployment rate in the country would increase since more people will want jobs, and those who would have received military help to find jobs would no longer have that benefit. Economically and socially, I feel as though it would be a bad idea to change the age.

• Because fuck is fuck

Iudouofi dufiod fsi hdj jkd jdhfkdjh djfhkdjhfjkdh jh h h h h h j j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j j jj j j j jjjjj j jjjjjj j j j jj h hh h h huuu uuiii I ii

• One is an adult an can make ones own decision

You aren't just thrown into the military without training. Everyone starts at the beginning and learns from experience no matter what job one may have. If you are going to change the age to 21 then you have to change the age of all "age related" mile stones to 21 starting with one is not considered an adult until "21" legally and that goes with all the ramifications.

• It's all about choice

Just because we have the enlistment age at 18 doesn't mean you are required to join. If you really felt you weren't ready, wait a few years. It's probably going to help this country more if we get a choice. I know a lot of people who are ready for the military at 14 years old, and just imagine what they would do at 18. My point is, don't fix what isn't broken.

• What about my plan?

I'm smart, I raise myself and I had a plan. Military forms you into a responsible adult and it a great way to structure yourself out of high school. I'm 17 and military was hopefully my plan. I beg you. Don't change it. Please, see the side of the kids who struggle and miltary is what they hoped for. Think of us .

• No it should not be

Many 18 year olds that are getting ready to graduate from high school don’t know what college they want to go to or what they want to do in life. For a lot of them going into the army may seem like a good choice because they want to help people and do good deeds in life. But if they have to wait three years till they are 21 they may have found a good college already and they might not want to be in the army anymore. That does not mean that they will not do good deeds in life but that's one less chance to do something huge that may impact hundreds of peoples lives. What if a great war hero had to wait to join the army at 21 all of the great thing that he or she might have done would’ve never happened even if the heroic events had happened after the age of 21.

• No, it shouldn't

For many 18 year olds, this is the only feasible option to achieve things that they want to in life. They aren't forced to sign up, if it's a choice that they want make then as legal adults they should be allowed to. Raising the age will just make people wait and end up making the same decision.

• No, it is a choice.

Since we do not have a draft system for conscription into the military, the age limit should not be raised. Eighteen is recognized as the age of majority in most U.S. states so it is thought that the age is when one's mental facilities are developed enough to make proper decisions. Limiting one's options out of an arbitrary age standard is ridiculous.

Posted by: pdrm
  • No It Should Not

The age that is required to enter into the military should not be raised to 21. I believe that it should stay at 18 and there is no real reason to raise it. If we raise it to 21, that means that individuals that have military career aspirations after high school have to wait a few years to start.