• Service to your country.

I don't think it entirely matters if you are called to service for something you think is unjust. If your country asks upon you, you better damn serve. All people need to learn that to have freedom, you need to give something back, my own life if it need be.

• Yes because of...

People in the army are risking their own lives for our freedom although statistics found that while more than three-quarters of Americans over the age of 50 had an immediate family member who had served in the military, among Americans ages 18 to 29, the share was only a third. About 6 in 10 of those ages 30 to 49 have a family member who served. Thats a good chunk of the US population in war to save us from war.

• Personal Choice.

The military draft should not be reinstated. There is no major crisis that requires more troops than we have. Those who want to defend the country, do and that is very honorable. However, no one should make them if they feel like they are not able to handle the job. It's a choice.

• We all have the right of protection

Well we all have a right for protection and by being drafted we can learn how to survive in harsh conditions, know how to fight, and know how to spend our time. Nowadays we spend our time on our devices, or just flat out wasting time. So when people say life is too short, just ask them how long they have been on they're devices. That's surely gonna make them think.

• There should be a draft

They are not uneccesary deaths, if there was no draft in WW2 there would only be half the amount of troops there were there. That would cause Germany to most likely win. When Germany wins they are obviously gonna invade America. After that they commit mass Genocide of millions of people in painful ways. Without the draft in conflicts like WW2 there would be millions of civillian deaths.

• The Volunteer force is decreasing rapidly each year.

I believe the draft should be re-instituted, Today’s society needs a reality check up and the draft would definitely provide one. I think that a draft would cleanse society of today's drama and give people pride and nationalism. There are also wars going on in the Middle East today but no major wars. So we could use the extra troops why'll we wouldn't be putting them up against trained forces but instead insurgents. Soon enough the volunteer force won't be enough to fully supports our military. The draft will be reinstated soon enough. If you don't believe me watch the T.V. The military's trying to recruit by advertising.

• Yes we should

I think we should because we might need more people in the military and those people that are in the military risk there lives for us so we should go out and risk our lives if they can do it we can and it shouldn't matter if we pool random people to the military.

• Reinstate Military Draft

I strongly support reinstatement of the military draft. If one hears public opinion about troop deployment it is often easier to send someone else's kids to war. Mandatory military draft will ensure responsible deployment of troops and burden of troop deployment will be equally shared by all across the nation.

• History proves it.

From ancient Greece until now, history proves that societies with professional armies ( Rome, Sparta, Imperial Britain, etc...) tend to make war way more often that societies with a conscript army ( USA before 1973, Switzerland, Austria after WW2, etc..). On the long run, professional armies become mercenaries for the elite class of any society.

• In time of need

I believe that in dire times in order to protect our country the draft should be reinstated. To have security people are going to have to give up some of their rights. The government and military should and agree and uphold to protect their citizens in return for the loss of some of their rights.

• No it shouldn't because alot of people would have leave

If the military brought back the draft it would be just like ww2 because all the men had to leave, not all but alt and the women would have to fill int them jobs and over more than 24 million people would have to go into and train for the military

• If you what to join and you have the strength go but life`s to short to be forced.

Life in the army is hard yes but there are people who know what there doing and can hit the corner of a barn. But people who join and can barely do any work outs and can`t hit the side of a barn should not join the battle it`s a waste of lives and it`s a waste of a lot.

• Forget the draft

Forget the draft. I was in the Army back in 1972 and I saw draftees that couldn't do no more than two push ups at the start of basic and three once basic was over. There were others who were borderline retarded or just not cut out for the military.

• The draft has caused enough pain

In WW1 there was a total of 4.8 million US soldiers. 2.8 million were drafted into WW1, 38% of those who died in WW1 were drafted that is pain that people did not need to go thourgh. In WW2 33% of all US soldiers death were people who drafted. In the Vietnam war 30.4% of all US soldeirs were who died were drafted. These were all unessary death that did not need to happen.

• It a pain

It is just a pain to go do something you don't want..... J/.J j j j j j j j j jjjj jjjj jj j j j j j j n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n

• Its not right

It is not okay to force people to do something. If we have a draft it can cause us to loose because people who are made to fight might not actually try. People have a right to choose and if you are forced it interferes with your freedom of life

• Everyone deserves to live their life freely

Every person deserves to live their life and be able to decide whether or not they join the military. War is a horrible thing. Also, imagine if you were a parent and one day they demand for your child to be taken away to go fight and most likely die. Unless you are inhumane, I highly doubt you will be happy with them going.

• No Need waste of supplies

Our military is one of the best we have so many supplies and so many men that there is no need to Reinstate the draft so we really need more people getting killed, And we should not presser young men fight for there lives. And we do not have the funds to pay for a war or reinstate the draft we would be in more debt that we are

• Absolutely no way

On top of what I just stated. There are apprx 20 million illegals in this country that will not be drafted . We will send our own family members and citizens for the defense of open borders. Bull I'm all for legal immigration that's basically how we all came here. What happened to this country. It's a ploy .

• No, the draft does more harm than good.

As a veteran who engaged in a war I did not believe was right, I often feel aggravation that I had to be involved when many did not. However, the military works so much better when it can rely on those who volunteered then when citizens are forced. It would be just and it would be fair, but it doesn't work as well. Better to rely on those like me who are willing to kill to be able to afford to go to college.