Should the military enforce martial law in cities that appear to be run largely by families involved in organized crime, in an effort to extinguish the criminal network?

• Yes they should.

I know it's popular for organized criminals to be glorified on television, and that the Italians, in particular, are known to keep neighborhoods clean. But the military should enforce martial law in cities overrun by people like this. Keeping them around does nothing besides cause corruption and murder and greed.

• Crime is not an excuse for martial law

Martial law is a very serious action that is unconstitutional in many cases. Gangs and crime are not a reason to impose martial law on an American city. There are plenty of properly trained federal law enforcement agencies that could lend a hand. Our military is not trained to act as an internal police force.

• A Police State?

I honestly don't like the sound of that description. Marshal law and effort to extinguish, it sounds like something you would hear about out of a different country, but not America. I do not feel using martial law is justifiable to take down some assumed criminal network, and to boot it involves regular American families in the title. This sounds like propaganda that assumes such problems can actually be solved by creating a military state. I'm not buying it, this is a horrible idea.

• Not at all

No, this will not help a single thing. I think that what would help is if the people would be allowed to carry a concealed firearm in every city across the nation. I think that this would be a really good thing that would make criminals go down in the nation.

• No, I don't think that the military should enforce martial law in cities run by families in organized crime.

I don't think it is a necessary for an over the top action like martial law to be imposed in a situation like this, I think it would be far more effective to send the intelligence forces like the FBI in to the cities and inflitrate the leadership and quietly take them down, martial law should only be used in times of extreme unrest.