• The MLB needs the replay

The whole point of replay is to execute better play calling on the ball field . Like say your favorite team made it to the world series and was clearly safe but the umpire called an out then who would want instant play . The MLB would be way better with them. Ballplayers dont want there circumstance to rely on a man. People make billions of mistakes so there you have it

• MLB should take away the rule

Because it takes away the game of baseball. The MLB should play baseball like it was 100 years ago with the umpires call. The replay is not even correct. I was watching a game last night and they went to replay and the runner was clearly safe and they called him out.

• MLB should take away the rule

• Took too long to get a coaches challenge

It will be interesting to see what happens this year with coaches being able to challenge certain umpire calls. Up til now Umpires have had free reign to call a game based on their emotion that passing day. I'd like to see it expanded even further to questionable calls on balls and strikes. Most other major sports have a way of getting a review, and baseball should have had it first!

• Yes the mlb should

Yes the mlb should have instant replay because umpires are just like us other humans they make mistakes also. Some bad calls end games. I was watching a cardinals game earlier in the season and the game ended on a bad call at fist base. Every other sport has instant replay so why shouldn't the mlb have one?

• He the mlb should

The mlb should have instant replay because umpires are just like us other humans they make mistakes also. Some bad calls end games. I was watching a cardinals game earlier in the season and the game was ended on a bad call at first base. Every other sport has instant replay so why should the mlb not have it

• Why MLB should have instant replay

I think they should have instant replay because the people watching might want to see the play or error again. Maybe they disagree on the call by the ump and seeing it again might change there mind. That is indeed the truth why I think the MLB should have instant replay.

• Yea because I would like to see awesome plays over again.

Yes cause they all make mistakes. I would not be fair because NFL has it , NBA has it. NHL has instant replay. Umpires make bad calls and if they see instant replay they would probably change their minds. And I would also like to see awesome plays over again. That is my opinion.

• YES

MLB should have instant replay. We're in the 21st century and many other sports such as the NBA, NFL, and NHL currently utilize it, so why not MLB? Of all the aforementioned sports, baseball uses the smallest sized ball traveling at the fastest speeds. It's no wonder umpires make mistakes as they're only human. Instant replay could easily and quickly correct missed calls.

• Yes.

MLB should have instant replay, especially in important games like the playoffs and the World Series. Unfortunately umpires often make mistakes, and they can taint a teams win or a teams lose. It would make the game more consistent and fair if repalys were involved. Despite this I think any replay system would need to be highly specific and quick, like that in the NFL, as baseball games can already be painfully long.

• Is baseball better or worse because of reply?

Worse! The occasional bad call and subsequent argument was all part of the entertainment. I don't really care if a high speed camera can determine the runner's foot actually hit the bag one millionth of second before the ball fully enters the first baseman's glove, or if the foot of the man stealing second came of the bag for an instant. If it's that close, the call can go either way and I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is incessant delays to a game that's already too long. Ca. We just get back to playing ball!

• Worst thing to ever happen to baseball!

As many people have said, it takes the enjoyment and excitement out of close plays. A fan can't get excited because he doesn't know if the replay is coming. In the 1977 NL playoffs between the Phillies and Dodgers, there was a bang-bang play at 1st base. I believe it was Davey Lopes and he was ruled safe. Phillies fans have been arguing about it ever since. It's those long lasting memories and disputes among fans that makes baseball great. All that is gone now. Thanks MLB!!!!!!

• Computers and the digital age is taking over the world.

Baseball is a game for people to enjoy. The human element of the game is what draws its intrigue, errors and all. I want my baseball back where whatever the umpire calls is the call. Stop taking the emotion out of close big plays by pausing the game for replays. It is silly and I cringe every time they slow motion replay a throw to first base. Let them make the call how they see it on the field.

• Its a joke!

It would be fine if after looking at it forever they would actually get the call right. Time after time we watch these replays and new york gets it completely wrong. Who the hell is in new york deciding these plays anyway??? We are never told. Its terrible and a complete joke. If they cant do it right, which they obviously cant,then just get rid of repay completely.

• Dump it, please.

I could write 10000 words on the horrors of replay in baseball, but ultimately the most important thing is that, replay, in all sports, ruins the spontaneous enjoyment of the game. Instead of getting to celebrate a play as it happens you have to wait for the review to finish, by which time, the moment has passed. Why are we watching sports in the first place? If we wanted to sit through parliamentary procedure, we'd be watching C-SPAN. Baseball, in particular, has additional issues with replay due to the nature of the game. Some of the cameras are hundreds of feet from the action, and with the speed of the ball, most replays on close plays are just not conclusive. Also, the procedure of the coach's challenge in baseball makes the process especially tiresome. Just dump it.

• The Mlb Replay System is corrupted and an utter waste of human time.

Baseball, America"s pastime, has decided to implement a "replay system." With this, comes a "coaches challenge" which is stupid. Baseball is a game that is not ment to be perfect. Baseball Is supposed to be fun and entertaining. No fan wants to see an umpire put on dummy headphones and listen to them get the call wrong. And if they do decide to kept the replay, they should change it to the NHL system: they call Toronto and have them make the call

• Replay ruining baseball

Just saw Gore of KC called safe on steal of 3rd but overturned because his foot came off bag briefly (possibly pushed by 3rd basemans glove hand, possibly pulled by 3rd basemans pant leg in which Gore's spike was caught due to Valbuena Illegally blocking base without ball). He beat the throw by 9 miles. This has been called "safe" for 150 years and nobody complained. Why are we trying to fix something that is not broken?

• Takes away the human aspect of the game.

Baseball is a game of failure and humans are not perfect. Why should the game of baseball be perfect by having instant replay take over bad calls. During some of the replays this year the umps still got the call wrong with instant replay. Fans at home are getting better views than the umps at the review headquarters. So why have it if they are still getting them wrong.

• Get rid of this instant replay before the only people left watching this laborious exercise are in the MLB war room in NYC.

Just watched a replay of a very blurred image of a first baseman's mitt in very close proximity to the torso of the runner as the runner's fingers reached the base on a pickoff play. The blurred image of the mitt won over the the runner's fingers at the base and the umpire's call was overturned in NYC. If they can stop the game for that then I can stop watching their game altogether.

• Games Ending on committee meetings

Instant replay removes the excitement from the game. A close call when made, whether it's right or wrong is exciting, when you then stop, go to replay, wait for a committee meeting, than have the call changed saps the excitement from the play. I have seen games where this comes up and it kills the game for me.