Should the mobile phone industry be self-regulated?

• The mobile phone industry should not be self-regulated.

The mobile phone industry should not be self-regulated. If we allow this then the prices of phones and plans would certainly rise to an amount that the public could not be able to afford them. I think that the mobile phone industry should remain like it is and allow everyone to be able to afford their bills.

• The mobile phone industry should not be self regulated.

The mobile phone industry should not be self regulated. When ever some thing or some one is left to regulate themselves, it often works initially, but further down the road leads to chaos. If the mobile phone industry were allowed to regulate itself, mobile phone service prices would skyrocket, and people would have to choose between cell phones or eating.

• Mobile phones should be subject to regulation.

I don't think any large corporate entity in America should be left to their own devices, especially the mobile phone industry. I believe that the mobile phone industry should be subject to regulations instituted by the government or whatever political power in the country of what we are talking about.

The mobile phone industry should not be self-regulated. I believe this because I do not think that they cell phone companies can create and maintain policies that would be relevant. I think if they do become self-regulated the prices that we pay every month would increase without reason and more bad would come of it then good.

• Free Market Reigns, but FCC Regulation Needed

The mobile phone industry shouldn't be self-regulated, otherwise people's names and phone numbers would be sold to other companies for a price. Privacy leaks would be worse than they already are. The FCC, at least in America, needs to oversee the mobile phone industry to prevent abuse of consumers and the American people.