• It is the SAME thing as abortion

Just don't have sex if you are immature and can't even handle to get pregnant. Best thing is to wait until marriage, it's the right thing to do in God's eyes and besides, what fun will you have on your wedding night if you have already done it. Trust me on this.

• Promotes a lack of responsibility

Responsibility is a important life skill. A well rounded Adult learns responsiblity in their formative years. It is very important for teenage girls to learn this valuable lesson. Their are consequences to certain high risk behaviors. The morning after pill only promotes a lack of responsibility. Young teenage girls will now have one less thing to worry about when engagjng in poor choices

• Birth begins at conception, it is abortion.

If any of you guys are Christians you should know that in the Bible it says birth begins at conception. That means that once you have sex and the egg is fertilized then you're carrying a child. If the sperm has fertilized the egg and you take the morning after pill to kill the egg you are aborting the egg. The only difference between this and an abortion is that the babies are a different stages of growth.

• Yes, it should be banned

I believe that the morning after pill should be banned because it is truly an abortion pill. If an egg becomes fertilized within the womb the pill prevents it from becoming embedded in the lining of the uterus. This means the the fertilized egg is then passed though the women's body, clearly meaning the fetus has been aborted.

• Too young destroying mortality

Young girls shouldn't be having sex in the first place. Today’s society has become more lenient towards teenagers not taking responsibility for their own action so we decided to pat their backs and encourage sex more by allowing them to take a plan B pill. If we make it easy for them to have sex without the worry of getting pregnant they might have a higher chance of catching STD's.

• Actions Have Consequences

As the headline suggests, Actions have Consequences. It is the basic principle of Cause and Effect which science subscribes too. Because x (you had sex) occurred, y (you are pregnant) occurred. Now the argument may be "Well with the morning after pill we can fix the effects." The answer to that is maybe. While you have murdered a baby (or fetus if you really want to stay in denial) and are no longer pregnant, the disorder you have cause is greater than when you didn't take the pill. It is the law of Unintended Consequences at its finest. You may have just killed the next Einstein, Bill Gates, Henry Ford, Ronald Reagan, JFK, etc. Appealing to emotions here, What if you yourself were aborted? How much would that affect not only those around you, but the entirety of everything you ever interacted with. The magnitude of just one person disappearing from existence is unfathomable. I therefore suggest that the morning after pill be banned. We should leave things in the hands of mother nature.

• Actions Have Consequences

• It causes abortions if the egg is fertilized, and it makes girls act even more irresponsibly.

The morning after pill is morally wrong because it, in some cases, causes an abortion. Since it kills babies, it is wrong and should never be allowed (just as abortion should be outlawed in all cases). Instead of the morning after pill, or abortion, girls who get pregnant should take responsibility for their actions. If they have had sex and get pregnant, they need to give birth to the baby!

• I have taken and learned.

I never knew the extent of what plan B did. I even had physicians telling me it is just another dose of birth control. I don't blame them though, I blame myself for not doing enough research on my own. I am sick every day now at the thought I could have killed three children. Ban this drug, or at least force them to tell the truth about murdering embryos.

• It promotes irresponsibility

If you are not mature enough to accept the consequences of having sex don't do it. I had sex at age 15. I got a wonderful sweet baby boy out of it. I took responsibility for my actions and I never had another child out of wedlock. Teens now think they can do whatever they want without consequences. Giving them the opportunity to get the morning after pill is just giving them
    Permission to behave irresponsibly over and over again.

• It does not cause an abortion

The Plan B pill does the same three things other forms of birth control do.
    1. Delays ovulation
    2. Thickens cervical mucous and makes the uterus inhospitable for sperm
    3. Prevents implantation

It is important to teach girls and women about birth control and emergency options alongside the benefits of abstinence in order to ensure they're make informed and safe decisions so that fewer unwanted pregnancies occur.

• Absolutely not, all women should have that option.

Listen, we all make mistakes. Sometimes you have a little too much to drink, sometimes you forget if you used a condom. Why should a woman suffer through the devastating affects of ruining their body to give birth to a child they consider a mistake? The morning after pill was created for a reason!

• Safety Valve Neccessary

If it does cause abortion, this seems to me to be the least objectionable type, with no developed fetus, and a consistent mens rea of the woman in not wanting to then get pregnant.

In an imperfect world there will be abortion, and thus best to have it as early as possible- including banning the despicable live dismemberment later term abortions popularized by a medical profession that de-popularized early herbal abortions as quackery so as to make money on the surgical ones.

• But What if?

Some of us are paranoid! I mean, what if you use protection and have birth control, and you still want a just-in-case method? The morning-after pill helps us have peace that we won't have a two year old running around the house after making a huge mistake while taking all precautions and not having the morning after pill! I think it helps us not only stay not pregnant but it also gives us peace of mind that we won't have unplanned children.

• No we need it

This pill should not be banned from the public by the government of the United States of America to its people. This pill could help out in emergency for example if someone was to get raped. We should have available technology out there for people in such examples however the list could go on.

• 21st Century Medicine

It is the 21st century. In today's society, many young girls are partaking in sexual activity, and there is nothing we can do to stop it. Instead of bashing the morals of young girls, we should promote responsibility by allowing contraceptives to be readily available for use. Sex is not something that should be shameful, but something that we should be comfortable in talking about with children.

• I do not believe the morning after pill should be banned.

Allow me to start this by saying, I am a fifteen year old female atheist and I firmly believe that if the morning after pill is against your beliefs, then you shouldn't take it. Why do you care if women take the pill? Why are you pushing your beliefs onto us? One reason why the pill shouldn't be banned is for rape victims. I don't care what conservative republican men say, if a woman is raped she CAN get pregnant and without the morning after pill a lot more rape victims will end up having children. Personally, if I was raped, I'd want to be given the pill.
    In response to the many comments on the "Yes" side of this poll, excuse you, but it takes TWO people to make a kid, do you think it's fair that the girl's life is ruined because she got pregnant? And while that girl is pregnant, the boy who got her pregnant isn't being judged or criticized for his actions. What if that girl was raped, would your answer be the same? Would you still believe she need to take "responsibility" after a man forced her to have sex with him?
    Last question: How many people that said "Yes" are men who would not have to deal with pregnancy?

• Absolutely not, fact: Plan B is not an abortion; it is a contraceptive.

The notion that 'morning after pills' prevent eggs from implanting stems from the Food and Drug Administration’s decision during the drug approval process to mention that possibility on the label — despite lack of scientific proof, scientists say, and objections by the manufacturer of Plan B, the pill on the market the longest. Leading scientists say studies since then provide strong evidence that Plan B does not prevent implantation, and no proof that a newer type of pill, Ella, does.

• No, it should not be banned

I do not believe that the morning after pill should be banned, but there should be restrictions put in place in order to obtain in. The morning after pill is a valid treatment option for preventing unwanted pregnancies. However, it should not be used as a form of protection. A better system for obtaining the pill should be put in place, but it should never be banned.

• No. It is a valid treatment.

The people who want to ban this are typically religious people who want to impose their beliefs on everyone else. The morning after pill is just a form of birth control and helps prevent unwanted pregnancies. Plus, although abortion should remain legal as well, it is far more preferable to prevent a pregnancy with a morning after pill than to abort an unwanted fetus later on.