Should the NFL allow players with a criminal history to continue to play?

• Crims r cool

For the most part, NFL players with a criminal history should be allowed to play. I think for the most part, NFL players with a criminal history should be allowed to play. If they have done their time whether in jail or in community service, then they have paid their debt to society and should not be further punished by not having a job. We say that we have a prison and justice system to rehabilitate those who have broken the law. If a person has gone through these systems then we should trust that they have been rehabilitated or the system is broken.

• Yes NFL should

NFL should allow players with criminal history to continue playing, taking into consideration that, what happened in the past, they might had already being punished, and there is no reason whatsoever to continue punishing them by denying them a chance to continue playing in the NFL. Secondly, most of these players with criminal records must have already turned to a new leaf and if NFL was to re-punish them again it wont be reasonable at all.

• For the most part, NFL players with a criminal history should be allowed to play.

I think for the most part, NFL players with a criminal history should be allowed to play. If they have done their time whether in jail or in community service, then they have paid their debt to society and should not be further punished by not having a job. We say that we have a prison and justice system to rehabilitate those who have broken the law. If a person has gone through these systems then we should trust that they have been rehabilitated or the system is broken.

• Bad influence on future generations

Players who have done Violent crimes and are Animal Abusers or participate in the abuse of animals in some way should not be allowed to play in the NFL. It is a bad influence to young prospective football players by telling them that it doesn't matter if I get caught because I will have money and talent to buy my way out of anything. That is not a good message to send children at all. Players who commit a crime while in the NFL should not be allowed to come back PERIOD and those who already have crimes under there belt should never be allowed to be signed PERIOD. This would not only set a good example but those who want to be professional football players would be less likely to commit a crime for fear of never being in the NFL.

• No, they shouldn't

Not with a violent criminal history. I am a little bit more indifferent to other stuff though. I think if they have a violent criminal history, they shouldn't be trusted to play with people in a physical game. I think that is going to promote or "feed" whatever violence is already within them.

• Players with a criminal history harm the reputation of professional football.

Football is under increasing criticism over criminal conduct by players, and allowing these players to continue to receive astronomical salaries casts a bad light on professional football, especially given the extent to which many children idolize professional athletes. There are plenty of skilled players coming out of college who don't have this unfortunate baggage. The league can easily replace the worst offenders.