• Huge waste of time and money

Maybe without the nfl sucking up our time and money, we would pay more attention to the world around us, and not be so easily led to believing opinions pushed on us by the media and those that hold the most $, which are mostly against the public's best interest.
    And... Non-profit my arse. At the very least the nfl should be paying taxes at the highest allowable rates

• Health concerns and family issues..

It is hard to watch. Players are dirty and the fines are too low. Its sad to watch players get knocked out or career/season ending injuries.. Wasnt the cheifs linebacker killing his girlfriend and shooting himself in front of his team mates and coaches enough? Or hernadez killing someone? Or pacman jones being arrested 9 times?? What about dirty coaches??? When daryl strawberry went ham on drugs he jepordized his team and the league. So what did they do? They kicked his ass out. When suh does something that ACTUALLY hurts someone he gets a game suspension... Lolol how pathetic is that?? The NFL is a joke and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant and just flat out stupid. They try to cover it up with " charity work". Its all transparent ...

• Eliminate the NFL

Grown men should not be playing this game. The money spent on this sport should go to other more worthwhile activities like free health care for all. The sport should end in College and grown men should get a real job and become even more productive members of society. Sunday should be reserved for time with the family outdoors becoming more healthy and not by the TV drinking, eating and gaining weight. I think the NFL (Sunday and Monday games) contribute to the obesity in this country as compare to other countries around the world.

• Terminate all "professional" sports

ALL professional sports should be eliminated...Players are over-rated, over paid, arrogant, self-absorbed, entitled....NOT ALL but a very large majority. The chance of injuries is very great, short lived careers are frequent, long term physical body & brain damage is apparent. It is a "GAME", ENTERTAINMENT at best...But the pricing of that game has pretty much shut out the "common" mans capability to support the sporting industry. Shut it all down and who knows how many "lives" would be saved. Of course, all the current athletes would say...NO WAY, keep it going but they'll claim ignorance later when they are debilitated.

• NFL is a money making organization that wastes lives and careers and most who play football will never benefit but will be injured

Soccer is world wide and much less violent , except for the fans. We can get out our desire for violence and pretend war and team spirit with less destructive and well established games.. The NFL is now so big they will not be stopped by merely telling them that it is harming people. It is so entrenched in the culture ... But there was life before Football and there will be sports and life after football ends... Humans like to have pretend wars and like to be fans.. That is why the Romans built the sport and gladiator stadiums.. The real purpose even now is to prevent revolution from the masses of people .. Keep them busy and not attacking the governments that support them..

• Serious Dangers in American Football

There are serious dangers correlated with American Football on ALL levels. (Exempt from Youth Flag Football) Concussions have been liked to brain damage, if that happens to someone they lose complete independence. There have been already too many deaths, too many brain dead, too many broken-hearted families, too many concussions, and too many that SUPPORT IT. Football is dangerous and Overrated.

• Modern Day Gladiator Spectacle

I was a long time NFL fan but I finally had to wake up to the fact that these players are dying younger and committing suicide at an alarming rate just to make money and I watch it happen live! I cancelled my Sunday Ticket package this year and haven't watched a second of football. I used to be in Fantasy Football leagues and I haven't done that either this year. It is not entertainment to me if is at someone's else's expense. I will watch the MLB playoffs and the NBA when it comes back around. I think everyone needs to take a long look at themselves if they are willing to watch young men slowly commit suicide for the sake of their entertainment. I have and hope someday everyone else does too!

• Too many concussions

Concussions have become more frequent in recent years and not only affect the players but also their families. The NFL should be banned for this reason. It has become much too dangerous of a game with current rules and no longer carries the prestige that it once did. It has become a business that is only concerned about winning at the cost of maiming players.

• Yes. In an ideal world, the NFL should be banned.

Banning the NFL is practically impossible given the state of affairs in America. However, its waste of resources is indisputable. Sports stimulates the economy with unproductive jobs that fail to support the wages US workers in a modern economy. Our country is past its industrialization stage. It's about time we started relying more upon education and innovation than jobs that involve selling hot dogs and wasted money on cable television.

• The NFL should be banned.

The NFL should be banned because it is a dangerous sport which glorifies violence. A lot of older players are starting to show the effects of the violence of the sport. We should not let another generation of players have to suffer the same health problems. There are plenty of other safe sports.

• No. It functions well.

Compared to other leagues of professional sport, the NFL seems to run pretty well. There are occasional problems, but they don't have the same problems with lockouts that hockey does. It's true that they have a monopoly on the game at the pro level, but so do the MLB, NHL, and others. There is not reason to ban the NFL, or else we wouldn't have the entertainment.

• No, the NFL should not be banned.

Many people love football, and get tremendous enjoyment out of watching games at home and in the stadiums. Those who don't like football aren't being forced to watch, so there is no logical reason to ban the NFL. Not to mention the thousands of jobs that would be lost if it was banned, from the players, to the janitors at the stadiums!

• No way!

NFL is one of the largest professional franchise of professional sports. The NFL serves many purposes to the public. It gives young men who play college and amateur sports a goal to accomplish, and it stimulates our economy with the revenue. A lot of people like football and there would quite a few people disappointed if we banned NFL!

• No, we should not ban football.

Because there would be so many jobs lost. The players who are used to making millions would be down to basic jobs where they only make a couple of thousands if they are lucky. That could also be a reason for all the suicide going on. The people who don't like football are not being forced to follow it. So there! My answer is no we should not ban football. I mean, it says in the policy that if you get injured it is not the NFL's problem. So they could not sue them because I know they have that in there somewhere. You know something else, they also make them sign a head injury slip.

• Football is the only reason for Sunday

It is the only reason we wake up. If we did not have football that would be like taking away water and food to a person who does not like football. We have football for a reason. So we can tailgate and hangout with each other, that is why we should not ban football.

• No Way! Life is dangerous.

The left wing in this country will not be happy until they destroy every institution this country has birthed. We take a risk every time we wake up and get out of bed. You cannot remove every risk in life! And last time I checked no one forced anyone to play professional football. We all take risks after we weigh the chances.

• The NFL is important

I believe that the NFL is very important. It helps the economy a lot and it is the most profitable sport in the US. Also, majority of Americans say that they follow professional football in a poll. Banning the NFL would damage the economy and sadden many football fans across the US just like me.

• Kids are becoming obese!!!

Football SHOULD NOT be banned! Over 1/5 kids between the age 6-17 are obese and this is because they are not in a sport and not being active!!! Did you know that the overweight percentage of children has tripled since 1970? This is an amazing lift and scares parents everywhere to get there kid into a sport, I am not saying you have to get your kid into football but if you want him to lose weight it is a great start.

• No, we should not ban football.

Because there would be so many jobs lost. The players who are used to making millions would be down to basic jobs where they only make a couple of thousands if they are lucky. That could also be a reason for all the suicide going on. The people who don't like football are not being forced to follow it. So there! My answer is no we should not ban football. I mean, it says in the policy that if you get injured it is not the NF L's problem. So they could not sue them because I know they have that in there somewhere. You know something else, they also make them sign a head injury slip.

• No, we should not ban football.