Should the NHS ration care to people whose behaviour has caused their condition?

Asked by: olivia08
  • They've paid for it - It's their NHS as much as anyone else's

People have paid for and funded the NHS through their taxes; we do not have the right to withdraw it from them. As an alternative, we should raise awareness on how to avoid going through situations that put you in need of the NHS. But, if you're going to deny a taxpayer use of what he or she has paid for, I expect you'll be refunding them their money.

• They've paid for it - It's their NHS as much as anyone else's.

• My decision is solely based on current life style.

Treating an individual who is still abusing the substance or taking part in the activity that causes their condition they need help for should have their care rationed. However, those who have made a good attempt and shown progress in not participating in the causing actions should not have their care rationed simply due to the fact I believe everyone deserves a second chance, whether this is a realistic belief in the case a National Health Service that is full to the brim is another story.