Should the phrase 'under God' be banned from the Pledge of Allegiance?

• The pledge of allegiance is collectivist nationalist indoctrination.

Pledging allegiance to cloth and dirt is pounded deep into children's heads before they even understand what it means. I'm an atheist, but I don't particularly care about other people's imaginary friends, if they don't try to force this delusion on me. Most people in the US are not Christians, as they put their security and subservience to the state before their imaginary friend's request to not steal or kill. The State IS a church, and it is the most dangerous superstition of them all.

• Yes, not all Americans believe in God.

Yes, the phrase "Under God" should be removed from the Pledge of Allegiance. The U.S. is a melting pot of different religions and belief systems, and not everyone believes in God. Some people may want to recite the Pledge to show their patriotism but are unable because of this inclusion of this phrase.

• No, the words 'under God' should remain as part of the Pledge of Allegiance

Our country was built on a foundation centered around God. The Pledge of Allegiance has been widely used for more than a hundred years, although the words "under God" were not officially added until the mid 1950s. Adding those words identifies our country as one unafraid to publicly admit that there is a higher power in control of this universe, although different people may choose to call God by various names. With the problems of escalating crime, acts of terrorism, and wars in many areas, the words "under God" serve to remind us that there is hope in these troubled times.

• No it shouldn't

No this country was founded on Biblical Principles. Why should we take God out of everything in this country. You wonder why the USA is going downhill. Look at what has happened we Take God out of everything. If we take it out we will be slapping our founding fathers in the face.

• If you do not want to say it then skip that phrase

No, I think that the phrase 'under God' should not be banned for the Pledge of Allegiance. The pledge was written a long time ago and it should be maintained in its original form. For some reason you do not wish to utter those words when reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, then skip over those words and move on.

• It supports the republic

The words in the pledge simply support the republic and shows respect to the people fighting for our nation. That is the arguement i dont want to say more so i am filling in the blank space to make my arguement look stronger blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

• It's our country lets keep god in

America was cristhian before any religion came if you don't like god leave america i mean you don't have to say the words god in the pledge and just get over it i'm pretty sure that people will still say god if god gets taken out so its not really going to affect christians other than them knowing there's a lot of atheist and non christians

• Honor our country

I believe that this country was based around Christianity and that we should honor our founding fathers. The Pilgrims also had come here in search of freedom to be able to choose their own religion. Why would we just abandon our religion. I also read that our country's people are 80% or more believe in Christianity.

• Stay In The Pledge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should "under God" stay in the pledge? At least 80% of Americans support the phrase. Even the constitution supports it. And one of our presidents added the phrase so we should already be supporting it . So please vote for this side the better side and together we will win!!!!!!!!!

• Removing "Under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance

This is so stupid I think that we should be able to say "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance. If you don't believe in God than don't even say the pledge at all. This is overly stupid so I think that it should stay in the Pledge of Allegiance. It is honoring our country.