• The pledge is respect for are founders

If you have any respect for the usa and our founders you will stand for the pledge. I am a middle school student and I am NOT religious but I stand for the pledge because I am a american and I am proud of the usa . IF YOU DO NOT STAND FOR THE PLEDGE YOU DO NOT HONOR THE USA

• The Pledge of Alligence

It is simple. To Pledge-Is to make a Solemn Promise. Alligence-Is to be Loyal= A Solemn Promise to be Loyal to the United States of America. Please be intelligent enough to do the research read the Constitution the Bill of Rights make up your own mind. You see what makes this Country Great is we have a right to choose what we want to believe. Some say because it says One Nation Under God it's religious. When the Country was founded the forfathers were escaping Persucution for believing in God so to let people know this was a Country that allowed freedom to believe in God if you choose to do so They wrote the Constitution and the Bill of Rights read it. There were many drafts before the final documents see what these Men were trying to do for a New Country . We are supposed to be a Country where you can make up your own mind, it is becoming a Country were you have to go along ,be a follower. I Say Be A Leader Don't be afraid to think your allowed nobody can stop you even though some are trying . For the Record I love God and I don't care who knows it...

• Qwerr r r r

Qwerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrr r r r r r rr r r r r rr r r r r r r rr r r r r r rr r r r rr r r rr r r r r r r r r r r rr r r r r r r r r r r r

• Yes, the Pledge of Allegiance should be mandatory.

Most people dont realize why we stand during the pledge. We stand because we are paying tribute to those who are laying down their lives for our freedom, so that we can go about our daily lives. There are many men and women who are willing to lay down their lives for YOU. When we stand, we are showing respect and thanking the people that laid down their lives for us, me and you. It is sad to think that there are people out there that don`t care about the fallen. The ones wounded in combat. And those who were captured, and tortured just for this beautiful country. If you can`t do that like these men and women or even pay honor to those that have, then you do not deserve to be a part of this wonderful, free country. And this is only a free country because of the brave.

• If you live in the United States then yes

If you live in the United States, not standing for the Pledge of Allegiance shows nothing but disrespect to this country. Not only does it show disloyalty, but not standing for the pledge is something that says,
    ¨I don´t believe in freedom and liberty in this country and I refuse to pledge to all of this greatness I have been given from this country."

• No it should not.

The Pledge of Allegiance should not be mandatory, it seems weird to me to make our children always stand and do the Pledge before starting class or the school day. It is important to teach students about the history of America and the hardships we faced but I do not think the pledge should be mandatory.

• The Pledge of Allegiance should not be mandatory

The Pledge of Allegiance should not be mandatory as it is no longer relevant to the national feeling about the government. The government is seen by many to be a bad guy and seems to prove it by its increasing disconnect from the opinions of average Americans. This would be just one more piece of legislation or just one more law distancing the American public from the government.

• America is supposed to have freedom of religion.

America is supposed to be a country that was founded on the
    principle of freedom of religion. This is
    true in theory, but not always in practice.
    We must respect that not everyone in this country is a Christian. The pledge of allegiance includes references
    to the Christian God, so it should not be made mandatory in schools.

• Religious is the key 🔑

We should have religious freedom, so if a Buddhist comes into the country, why should they support a different religion. Studies show that from kindergarten to 12th grade, you spend 2,340 days saying the pledge. What if you don’t want to? You can decide if you want to or not , but I say no.

• It is not THAT nessesary

For you to pledge something you need to understand what it means. To pledge to something you have the right weather to do it or not. No teacher should be able to tell you that you have to pledge to something that you don't want to. The U.S is a free country ( Or that's what I thought). We should be able to choose if we want to do pledge or not.

• A a a

A A A A A A A A A A A A a a a a a a a a a aa a aa a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a I LIKE TURTLEZ

• The pledge of allegiance should not be mandatory because it's goofy in every way.

Ever since I was in elementary school I was always curious about why we have to pledge allegiance to a certain country. What ticks me off even more is how people who protest against this stuff are looked at as unpatriotic and un-American. It's very childish and silly to have this mentality and perception. I've never seen a purpose to pledging allegiance to a specific country other than it makes us have blind obedience to a country for underlying political purposes. It seems to me that it also makes us into robots because that way we don't question certain things and become more submissive to authority. I also think it's a human rights abuse and it's a trait of authoritarianism and totalitarianism.

• The Pledge of Allegiance is offensive, and brainwashing. It does the same thing the Nazi's dead

The Pledge of Allegiance should not be mandatory, it seems weird to me to make our children always stand and do the Pledge before starting class or the school day.

It is important to teach students about the history of America and the hardships we faced but I do not think the pledge should be mandatory.

The Pledge of Allegiance should not be mandatory The Pledge of Allegiance should not be mandatory as it is no longer relevant to the national feeling about the government.

America is supposed to be a country that was founded on the principle of freedom of religion.

The pledge of allegiance includes references to the Christian God, so it shouldnot be made mandatory in schools.
    Making the Pledge of Allegiance mandatory violates the first amendment, freedom of speech and religion.

• What about people who don't like america

Not everyone in america likes america that much. I love Germany but unfortunately I was born in the USA. I hate doing the pledge because my loyalty belongs to Germany. And the same goes to those who like other countries. I am in high school and my school still makes me do it. Same as the national anthem but I have to do it or I'll end up like colin kaepernick

• 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎 👎 👎

👎. 👎 👎. 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎 👎 👎 👎. 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎. 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎. 👎👎👎👎👎. 👎No no no no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!! No no no no