Should the police have the right to search you on the street?

• If You've Done Nothing Wrong, then What's the Problem?

Honestly, I'm getting sick and tired of people claiming that when police search you on the street out of the blue, then it violating their rights. If you're innocent, and you've got nothing to hide, it shouldn't be a problem. If you're guilty, and you're carrying something you should, that's you're fault.

Personally, I feel that people use their "rights" as an excuse for everything, but that's another story.

And also, their just doing their job. The police are sworn and committed to protecting the public, and if you or anybody else have committed a crime against the public, like having illegal drugs on you, shop-lifting, or anything else, that's your choice and YOU should have to pay for it.

• Got Nothing to Hide

I know the fourth amendment of the constitution prevents officers of the law to search a person without a warrant. However, it's a useless law. If it ever came to a point that you can't trust police officers in general, then there is a much bigger problem in the country than having to worry about unwarranted searches to you person.

It also prevents the good cops from doing their jobs efficiently, and can totally be exploited by criminals.

• Without probable cause there isn't any reason to

Why would a cop need to be in your pockets when your trying to get through your day. If you aren't acting suspicious there is really no reason to be searched. Last time I checked walking down the street isn't a crime so why would you try to treat it like that?

• I do not consent to any unlawful search.

I live in America, the land of the free...For now. Not Nazi Germany. If I'm not committing a crime or some kind of suspicious activity giving probable cause then don't treat me like a criminal. I don't feel that I should be unlawfully detained and searched by police upon request out of the blue and I will not consent to any search or seizure of my property. Obviously some people don't know their rights. I believe if I'm not bothering you then don't bother me.

• Police Should Not Have Right to Search Without Probable Cause On Street

No, police should not have the right to search you on the street without probable cause. When probable cause is met, then a search is warranted, however, when it is not, the search is a gross violation of a citizen's right to privacy. Thus, the police should not have this right.