Should the public play a larger role in determining the discipline of someone found to have been involved in police abuse?

• No The Shouldn't

I do not believe the public should play a larger role in determining the discipline of someone found to be involved in police abuse. This person would be considered a criminal and they should be disciplined by the same process every other criminal is disciplined through. There's no need for the public to play a larger role.

• The public should not play a larger role in determining the discipline of someone found to have been involved in police abuse.

The public should not play a larger role in determining the discipline of someone found to have been involved in police abuse. Since every case is different, I think that the courts should be the one to decide the guilt and punishment of the person being convicted of the crime.

• No, the public is not qualified to make decisions on discipling law enforcement.

No, the public should not play a larger role in determining police abuse discipline. If a trial takes place, the public will have a say in the punishment, as a 12 person jury of the officer's peers will decide his or her fate. Since many people in the public don't have a good opinion of law enforcement, opening up greater involvement could prevent an officer from receiving a fair and impartial trial.

• No that would be more of revenge

I don't see a need to change the legal system based on a crime. If there is police abuse going on then those who are charged should face a normal trial and sentencing. If you open it up more to the public you may get more of a revenge approach which would bring down our legal system.

• No, the public should not play a larger part in regards to punishing somebody involved in police abuse.

I do not think that the public should play a larger role in determining the discipline of someone found to have been involved in police abuse. I think that doing so can create a lot of problems and issues regarding such cases. A lot of communities may have some biases against police officers.